WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this watch a couple months ago from a seller on eBay. I recently noticed that the date does not flip over until the hour and minute hands reach about 4 am. I searched the forums here for previous posts about a similar issue and could not find anything related. I looked and the watch's manual and tried fiddling with it very carefully to see if I could figure the "problem" out, which I'm hoping is just a matter of user error and not a problem with the watch itself.

As I was playing around with the watch, I began to think it was related to the GMT hand but was still unable to figure out how to get the watch's date to flip over when the hour and minute hands reach the 12 (24) hour mark.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. As always, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
You can't adjust any watch to flip over at 12:00, a watchmaker can adjust it to do so...but us regular guys can't.

I think they swivel the hands on the movement shaft, while cleaning or servicing. Which is probably why your watch date/day is running "late", the serviceman didn't take care to adjust correctly.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. So it sounds like I'll have to take it in to my local watchmaker.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts