WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my S3 for 2 years with no problems. Wondering if it is worth it for an Edition watch.

·
Registered
18,313 Posts
The broken in that thread was mineral glass (aka "Gorilla Glass®"). It was a Sport model, although the second pic was of someone else's stainless steel model.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I just use the Spigen case......IMO the Gorilla glass is the only weak point on the watch in case of a drop.............
I would buy it if I was going for the Edition.

IMG_0451.jpg IMG_0452.jpg

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I buy it for two reasons, first for the protection (cracked the edge of the screen on my 3, replaced with absolutely no hassle.
Second, I have sold my watch 2,3 and now 4 to some of my colleagues at work. In every case, the Apple care gave the new owner around a year of warranty. That’s reassuring to both the buyer and me. For them, they know that they have a warranty, for me it takes me out of the equation should a problem occur. I would really hate to have the buyer/ friend have a problem soon after purchasing the watch and not have any protection.

Reactions: ronalddheld

·
Registered
39 Posts
I buy it for two reasons, first for the protection (cracked the edge of the screen on my 3, replaced with absolutely no hassle.
Second, I have sold my watch 2,3 and now 4 to some of my colleagues at work. In every case, the Apple care gave the new owner around a year of warranty. That’s reassuring to both the buyer and me. For them, they know that they have a warranty, for me it takes me out of the equation should a problem occur. I would really hate to have the buyer/ friend have a problem soon after purchasing the watch and not have any protection.
^^ if I'm buying used stuff now I tend to look for the AppleCare. One, because then I know it's registered with Apple and it's legit and two, I can get things replaced under the warranty and have a basically like new device for the price of a used one

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Yes. It saved me when I stupidly smashed my crystal. Freak accident that happened so fast during a mental lapse. IIRC it cost me $100 for a new one shipped to my door the next day. I returned the damaged one in the box provided. All was well...

·
Registered
210 Posts
I got it when I bought my series 3, knowing the main reason I bought it was to wear when mountain biking. Haven't ended up needing it, even after it took a good hit when I went down at about 25mph on some gravel, on the side I wear it on. Could see where the watch took a hit, but wiped it away and was pretty much undamaged besides a couple VERY light scratches.

It's never a bad idea to go for it, though. I just don't know if they're doing that silliness where it's a monthly "subscription-based" thing now like it is with AppleCare on the phones. Once I can get out of my device payment on the phone without coming out of pocket, I'll be sticking with previous-generation phones to save from having a device payment and the need to keep AppleCare should I damage it while still paying on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts