WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ordered a Series 1 42mm gold Apple Watch. I was very conflicted with which one I should get. The Series 1 is $100 cheaper and just as fast as the Series 2. But the Series 2 has gps capabilities and is waterproof up to 50m. So I post this to hear what others feel about the pricing and which one do you guys think is the better buy. I personally went with the Series 1 because it's cheaper and just as fast and has the same exact look as Series 2. Plus with saving $100 I was able to buy a Clockwork Synergy NATO and X-Doria case. Stay tuned for pics of my new baby ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
283 Posts
I got my 42mm stainless with a few straps and charge stand for 200
I love it and just because the other one is wp and has gps it's not worth it to me
My phone has gps lol

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
23,715 Posts
I enjoy the polished stainless look of my first-gen enough that I would do it again for Series 2 (or 3, or 4, or whenever I get around to upgrading).

I'd also like to find out more detail about why the Series 2 officially has a 50m WR rating. I think the back is snap-in, which I would think is more secure than glued-on like the first-gen and Series 1.

But, yeah -- if splashing around in the pool or lake isn't a big deal, and you don't need to show off every map of your jogs (I never do), the Series 1 is hard to beat. It's a very capable little gadget.

·
Registered
283 Posts
If you want to get technical the series 1 can be completely waterproof
Just use plasti dip on it and boom it's done

·
Registered
12,433 Posts
No question; Series 2 is worth the extra money. Brighter screen (1000 vs 500 nits maximum brightness), 50m Water Resistance, in-built GPS. I am happy with my Apple Watch Series 2 Nike+.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts