WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will start this out. Who is buying one, and which model? I first have to get an IPhone, so I will have to wait a while for economic reasons.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
I will be buying one for my wife as a belated birthday gift, belated becajse she preferred to wait for v2. Btw she gave me a v1 last xmas which I often wear.
I am thinking of this one:

And add as an extra a new nylon strap like this combination which works well :

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Definitely ordering one tonight. I am torn right now between getting a 42mm SS or going ceramic and wearing either with a navy strap. I've been looking for a picture of a guy wearing the ceramic to see how it looks but no luck. I'm worried it might look to feminine. The Hermes deployant is so cool but I've found the rubber to be more comfortable and convenient than the leather loop I have so I'd probably stick to the rubber.Went for the ceramic, I'll see how I like it with a different strap and how it looks in a professional environment hahaha. cer-white-sport-cloud-gallery1.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
17,852 Posts
I want to get one of the aluminum Nike models for my wife. She uses the Nike+ Run app on her phone, and having the watch app's complication automatically set in the Nike faces makes it easier to use (hardly any setup needed, I'd say).

The breathable perforated sport band looks good, too. I'd get the band for my SS Gen1 if I could.

edited to add screenshot. Maybe this one, because it matches a pullover she's got:

·
Registered
203 Posts
My wife is ordering one tonight! She is just getting the aluminum 42 with the black strap. She is already looking for new straps. I'm hoping the update to mine can keep up with hers!

·
Registered
733 Posts
I’m gonna get one of the aluminum ones as an x-mas present to myself. Now I gotta figure out if I want silver or gold (and I’m keeping the old one so black is redundant), and what color strap?

The old one will be for sleep tracking and the new one will be for wearing out and about. For those getting a new one, are you keeping the old one, and if so, for what purposes?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I never tried the first-gen model and probably won't try this one. I wish there were a way to try the thing for a few days, because I might really like it, but am not ready to spring for one based on what I know now. I don't have any local friends with one I might borrow.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I ordered the ceramic, 42mm, should get it on the 16th. I'm hoping it doesn't look to feminine with a navy strap.

I never tried the first-gen model and probably won't try this one. I wish there were a way to try the thing for a few days, because I might really like it, but am not ready to spring for one based on what I know now. I don't have any local friends with one I might borrow.
On the 16th you can try them out in the store or buy it and you have 14 days I think to return. Or 2nd hand market for the 1st one should get cheap soon.

I presume the new models are in Apple stores(for viewing)?
I asked and was told until the 16th. Not sure if ceramic is going to be available at all the stores to try on.

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I picked an IPhone model backordered, so no watch for me til maybe Christmas. Will visit an Apple store to look at the new models.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have two on order that should be arriving in early October (yellow gold series 2 for me and rose gold series 2 for my wife, both 42mm)

now i I have to hunt down some straps that'll fit my giant wrists.

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
By the time I buy one, I should have a good sense of how well they are received and function. Broken record, but too bad the ceramic is so expensive.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
The bummer is 3 may not come out until another 2 years. But that should give them enough time to develop a cellular chip that doesn't consume as much battery.

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The bummer is 3 may not come out until another 2 years. But that should give them enough time to develop a cellular chip that doesn't consume as much battery.
My nearly opaque crystal ball says Apple want to do something revolutionary for the iPhone 8, so I think AW 3 might have cellular in at least one model next year.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I really don't know what they could do that is revolutionary. I sort of feel like the whole "Apple used to innovate" thing is really just a product of click bait internet reviewers. What's great about Apple is their focus on simplification (which is something I feel like they are losing their way on). Back when Jobs was in charge, his drive towards minimalism was fairly brutal, but it was good in that it kept the designers focused on the best and simplest solutions.

1 - 20 of 176 Posts