WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that Apple will be unveiling the watch 2 in their March event. What do you guys think? Should I wait till the watch 2 and how true are the rumours?

Thanks,
Ak

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I heard that Apple will be unveiling the watch 2 in their March event. What do you guys think? Should I wait till the watch 2 and how true are the rumours?

Thanks,
Ak
The Watch 2 will not be announced next week. Rumours stated release probably by 3rd quarter.

·
Registered
17,847 Posts
Try August 2017.

Or not.

Rumors suck. I can make up rumors all day long. Then, when it doesn't happen, I can say it was "delayed".

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
The rumours were for September 2016 but i cannot believe they could update their first issue of the mini wrist phone enough to make a difference what could happen is they could add even more apps and make the useless battery life even worse

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your replies guys. I guess I'll go for the normal steel Apple watch and maybe get it gold plated for a 100 quid ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is from the Macrumors website:

watchOS 2.2
Along with iOS 9.3, watchOS 2.2 introduces support for connecting multiple Apple Watches to a single iPhone. The update also includes an update for the built-in Maps app. Along with a revamped interface and buttons for accessing quick directions to home and work, Maps now supports the Nearby feature first introduced with iOS 9, allowing users to to quickly locate local points of interest.

I'm hoping they eventually allow for third party watch face designs...or give us more options.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I was hoping a single AW connected to multiple iPhones instead.

·
Registered
17,847 Posts
I was hoping a single AW connected to multiple iPhones instead.
How would it know which person is wearing it?

Or do you mean for people who have to use more than one iPhone, like a work phone and personal phone? Saw a bunch of people at a local restaurant with their pairs of phones stacked by their dinner.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
How would it know which person is wearing it?

Or do you mean for people who have to use more than one iPhone, like a work phone and personal phone? Saw a bunch of people at a local restaurant with their pairs of phones stacked by their dinner.
As in personal use since I have another 6 plus with a line. So maybe for those like myself, have multiple iPhones.

Reactions: OnTheRoad99

·
Registered
22 Posts
Expect a new watch line in September. I'm pretty confident they will announce new models this year and usually they do it in September, so...

·
Registered
48 Posts
i think they will release an updated apple watch with iphone 7/7plus in september. thought not sure what it will include. maybe it will be water proof?

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,354 Posts
i think they will release an updated apple watch with iphone 7/7plus in september. thought not sure what it will include. maybe it will be water proof?
Maybe support for watch 1 and 2 with iPhone 7 g 7 plus? I am thinking about it if the new one has cellular support.

·
Registered
733 Posts
AppleInsider.com: 2016 Apple Watch will be internal 's' upgrade, major design changes to wait until 2017, insider says

This year's second-generation Apple Watch will feature improved internal components, but its external design will be largely unchanged from the first-generation model, according to well-connected insider Ming-Chi Kuo.
Like all rumors, my approach is, “I’ll believe it when I see it.” That said, this does make sense. iPhones get a new exterior every two years. And iPads and Macbooks get new exteriors every few years. But it’s the internals that matter the most right? (Nevermind the people who are peeved because they like showing off new things and don’t like when others around them can’t tell the new from the old.)

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,354 Posts
AppleInsider.com: 2016 Apple Watch will be internal 's' upgrade, major design changes to wait until 2017, insider says

Like all rumors, my approach is, “I’ll believe it when I see it.” That said, this does make sense. iPhones get a new exterior every two years. And iPads and Macbooks get new exteriors every few years. But it’s the internals that matter the most right? (Nevermind the people who are peeved because they like showing off new things and don’t like when others around them can’t tell the new from the old.)
Internals matter more unless the external design was bad to begin with.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Internals matter more unless the external design was bad to begin with.
Well, I have noticed that the external design has drawn all sorts of strong reaction from “I love it!” to “It’s practical,” to “Whatev—” to “I hate it!” with many here on WUS not giving it a chance at all because of how it looks, though I wonder how much of that is an extreme negative reaction to the idea of having a computer replacing metal gears and fishing for any reason to hate it.

Truth be told, I wish the AW were square, but I think a portrait-oriented rectangle is fine enough. I know a lot of people want a circle watch dial, but that’s annoying once you do things like read text messages longer than one line.

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,354 Posts
Well, I have noticed that the external design has drawn all sorts of strong reaction from “I love it!” to “It’s practical,” to “Whatev—” to “I hate it!” with many here on WUS not giving it a chance at all because of how it looks, though I wonder how much of that is an extreme negative reaction to the idea of having a computer replacing metal gears and fishing for any reason to hate it.

Truth be told, I wish the AW were square, but I think a portrait-oriented rectangle is fine enough. I know a lot of people want a circle watch dial, but that’s annoying once you do things like read text messages longer than one line.
Quartz and mechanicals need to be judged on their own merits. Circular dials are not useful at all for reading text. Uncertain of the best shape for any smartwatch.

1 - 20 of 238 Posts