WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

61 - 80 of 238 Posts

·
7,400 Posts
Rumors are heating up!

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I regret to state that my current AW finally failed, last worked last saturday and yesterday found that the watch does not detect wrist and the sensor panel behind became loose and able to rotate around, rendering no green lights and hence unable to read heart rate too. Wore it since last year early July.

Replacing it according to my local Apple service centre, is very costly. Therefore I made my decision to await the Watch 2.

·
Registered
17,816 Posts
I regret to state that my current AW finally failed, last worked last saturday and yesterday found that the watch does not detect wrist and the sensor panel behind became loose and able to rotate around, rendering no green lights and hence unable to read heart rate too. Wore it since last year early July.

Replacing it according to my local Apple service centre, is very costly. Therefore I made my decision to await the Watch 2.
Ah, gotcha (I already replied to your post in the other thread) --

The back coming off is a known issue. Contact Apple directly and they'll probably just swap it for a replacement. I've read they'll do it when out of warranty, too.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Ah, gotcha (I already replied to your post in the other thread) --

The back coming off is a known issue. Contact Apple directly and they'll probably just swap it for a replacement. I've read they'll do it when out of warranty, too.
Actually I've called the main service centre here in Singapore (and yes, we've no Apple Store as currently it's still under construction, will be opened this fall) and was told that they will send to main Apple office for a one to one replacement, but at a hefty cost of S$600 (US$444 approx.) as I do not have AppleCare and warranty just expired last month. Lead time is 5 to 7 working days.

Since at this high cost, might as well wait for Watch 2 but I seriously hope by the keynote at next month's event for the iPhone/Mac launches, will also announce the Watch 2.

·
Registered
17,816 Posts
This is the quote to which I'm referring. I'm looking for its source and any more details:

Apple has determined that under certain conditions on some Apple Watch and Apple Watch Sport devices the back cover may separate from the watch case. Apple will service eligible devices free of charge.

Apple will authorize coverage for two years from the date of purchase or until June 18, 2017.
Discussion at Apple's support site (not necessarily the source of the above quote, but you may have to step it up above your local service center):

https://discussions.apple.com/message/30279923?start=0&tstart=0

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
This is the quote to which I'm referring. I'm looking for its source and any more details:

Discussion at Apple's support site (not necessarily the source of the above quote, but you may have to step it up above your local service center):

https://discussions.apple.com/message/30279923?start=0&tstart=0
I'm also looking for the official quote from Apple on this but can't seem to find. Will be extremely useful if I could screenshot it and show them.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
The back came off my mom's apple watch. She was 1 or 2 months out of warranty, but they replaced it anyways free of charge. They sent me a box and a label, and they sent me a refurbished model in like 3 days. So I'd talk to apple directly.

61 - 80 of 238 Posts