WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

81 - 100 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
The back came off my mom's apple watch. She was 1 or 2 months out of warranty, but they replaced it anyways free of charge. They sent me a box and a label, and they sent me a refurbished model in like 3 days. So I'd talk to apple directly.
I spoke to them this morning and was told being in Singapore, the only way is to send it via an authorised service centre here before they'll send it to Apple for an exchange. The problem is they quoted a high price for me and I just dont get why do I need to pay for it since it's a known fault.

Guess I'll have to speak to e service centre guys again. By the way, I was given a case number from Apple.

·
Registered
17,878 Posts
I spoke to them this morning and was told being in Singapore, the only way is to send it via an authorised service centre here before they'll send it to Apple for an exchange. The problem is they quoted a high price for me and I just dont get why do I need to pay for it since it's a known fault.

Guess I'll have to speak to e service centre guys again. By the way, I was given a case number from Apple.
They might just be doing a hold for the funds on your card, then releasing/refunding when everything's finished. Ask for some clarification on when they plan on charging you -- before, or after, sending it to Apple.

There are also the links to Apple in this thread reply:
https://discussions.apple.com/message/30486962#message30486962

You could also leapfrog the service center and email Tim Cook himself ([email protected], I think). Include your case number and see what he can swing. Word on the street is that he's pretty responsive.

Heck, he might slip up about the AW2 and say, "Just hang on another two weeks." :)

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
They might just be doing a hold for the funds on your card, then releasing/refunding when everything's finished. Ask for some clarification on when they plan on charging you -- before, or after, sending it to Apple.

There are also the links to Apple in this thread reply:
https://discussions.apple.com/message/30486962#message30486962

You could also leapfrog the service center and email Tim Cook himself ([email protected], I think). Include your case number and see what he can swing. Word on the street is that he's pretty responsive.

Heck, he might slip up about the AW2 and say, "Just hang on another two weeks." :)
I just e-mailed him, so now awaiting for any reply. :-s

Waiting for Watch 2 is good, so this failing might be a blessing in disguise. But having to 'survive' without my AW now makes daily waits seem like forever!

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,356 Posts
These posts on repair do not really belong in this thread. Maybe I will create a new thread.
Maybe two weeks to watch 2 announcement with IPhone 7?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
These posts on repair do not really belong in this thread. Maybe I will create a new thread.
Maybe two weeks to watch 2 announcement with IPhone 7?
Apologies for side-tracking. Yes I'm also awaiting to see what Watch 2 brings, but GPS and a higher capacity battery are the main selling points for me.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I certainly would want the higher capacity battery. Really want 4G cellular but that might be in 2017.
Cellular capabilities are only 'might' next year, so no confirmation yet. Usually, there will be rumoured pictures of new yet-to-launch products but the Watch 2 doesn't have.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Reactions: ronalddheld

·
Registered
17,878 Posts
The 42mm Link Bracelet (just the bracelet) has been listed as "unavailable" in the Apple Store for weeks now. I wonder if it's being redesigned.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I think they'll be compatible. I also think the link bracelet needs some changes for durability's sake (or maybe they'll just change the style).
Rumors are the 16th or 23d for IPhone 7 sales. Not extremely long to wait
Well I really hope they are compatible as the Milanese Loop my wife bought for me on our 1st wedding anniversary now lies on the table without an AW. Just to share only, Apple got back to me and stated that upon assessment, my AW is a functional failure and considered an out-of-warranty replacement, hence I have to pay the high amount stated by the service centre. I rejected it so now I don't have a choice but to wait for AW 2 and this time, I WILL purchase AppleCare for AW 2.

Note: Singapore wasn't in the first list of countries for the AW launch, so I might have to wait longer.

iPhone 7 seems to be rather promising and good for those who want to re-contract their mobile plans or just purchase it off the shelf. I've to wait until next year for my 24 months contract to end so just in time for the anniversary model.

81 - 100 of 238 Posts