WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am curious are any AW3/4/5 fans using it with an old iphone?

I have an old iPhone 5C that I use as a backup to my Android phones, and every once in a while I will pop in a SIM card and use it happily. Whenever I do, I am instantly reminded how great iMessage is, and how much I miss it when I use my android phone. I am a very very basic smart phone user... text, voice, and GPS are all I need a smart phone for. I never EVER use OK google or hey siri.... I find them annoying honestly. I DON'T WANT A NEW IPHONE (dont even bother suggesting it). I need something with a headphone jack, an easily replaced battery, and most importantly it needs to be small / front pocket size. No modern iPhone can do this.

Anyways, I am thinking about getting an AW4 or 5 to supplement the iphone 5C. Mainly so I can respond to text messages with the watch hand writing keyboard feature.

Is the iphone 5 series too old to work well with the latest apple watch?
Anyone using an iphone 5 series with the AW? any general impressions you can offer?... thanks in advance

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
24,148 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK great thanks!!
Looks like I am out of luck then since the 5C is on iOS 10. I was really hoping I could use an AW4 or 5 with it. I was hoping to make it work in a minimalistic function just to receive/respond to imessage notifications.

Thanks again

·
Registered
766 Posts
Find yourself an SE. it runs whatever processor and OS will run on a 6S, so you’ll have a few years, I think before it’s left in the dust like the 5/5S.

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
24,148 Posts
Find yourself an SE. it runs whatever processor and OS will run on a 6S, so you’ll have a few years, I think before it’s left in the dust like the 5/5S.
+1 to getting an SE, at least for a while. I had one until a couple months ago and it ran iOS 13 pretty much as well my 11 Pro does now. Its battery was running out of spunk, though, being over three years old.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts