WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
23,718 Posts
By "Q3" it would have to be late September, not early July.

Watch for the clickbait "press" to start crowing about slowing AW sales in late summer. :eyeroll:

·
Registered
5,382 Posts
If they could add extra sensors (which may be a challenge considering regulatory testing which is prone to be slow), that would give a boost.

·
7,911 Posts
Im thinking the sensors may be along the lines of Altimeter, Barometer, and Compass. Cellular may be a while off due to size and battery. I read an article stating they may even keep the same design and just do a speed bump and better battery. None of us will really know until an Apple Executive steps up on stage and announces it.

·
Premium Member
3,685 Posts
Things I would like are slimmer / lighter with more customization to watch faces. Battery can always be improved but 2 full days is not bad at all.
Other wants are charcoal grey sports strap and for Logitech to make a Harmony watch app PLEASE.

·
Registered
5,382 Posts
Im thinking the sensors may be along the lines of Altimeter, Barometer, and Compass. Cellular may be a while off due to size and battery. I read an article stating they may even keep the same design and just do a speed bump and better battery. None of us will really know until an Apple Executive steps up on stage and announces it.
They have hired people with phds on much more ambitious non invasive sensors: blood sugar, blood oxygen etc.
But the challenge is for (a) the tech to work reliably out of the box with all customers, and (b) to pass regulation because it would be considered a medical device (heartbeat sensors do not need to pass regulation certification).
Once they crack these 2 big nuts, that would be huge and really bring the smartwatch category into prominence...

·
Registered
329 Posts
I would like it to be bigger... but then batt life would suck more ?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Larger screen could be offset by a bigger battery.

true....i would really like see a bigger sized one. current ones are cool but i find them a wee bit small.
46mm would be cool... wider ones would be preferred for me :D

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
true....i would really like see a bigger sized one. current ones are cool but i find them a wee bit small.
46mm would be cool... wider ones would be preferred for me :D
Works for me, but would it sell enough to have Apple make the third size?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Never could get into the Apple watches or digitals for that matter. They look sweet and many of my co-workers have them. Give me a vintage, automatic diver any day of the week.

Reactions: umarrajs

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I think the current size is great expect for thickness. I think a cellular chip will be part of the watch next version. Long term if apple wants to see crazy growth they need something like glucose levels and blood pressure as sensors. There are already products that can determine blood glucose levels without blood so if anyone can get it into a form factor like a watch-it's apple.

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think the current size is great expect for thickness. I think a cellular chip will be part of the watch next version. Long term if apple wants to see crazy growth they need something like glucose levels and blood pressure as sensors. There are already products that can determine blood glucose levels without blood so if anyone can get it into a form factor like a watch-it's apple.
No leaks on cellular radios yet. Hopefully just too early.

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No new rumors. Does this mean no version 3 this year or just an incremental bunch of changes, nothing revolutionary?

1 - 20 of 222 Posts