WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I dropped my Apple Watch Series 4 Aluminum 44mm, caseback cover (sensor cover) is broken! Do you know if there's any one fixing this?

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
24,132 Posts

·
Moderator German Watches Forum
6,145 Posts
That is unfortunate.

It looks like AppleCare+ for series 4 is priced at $79. Is that for two years
coverage?

Thanks,
rationaltime

·
Registered
24,132 Posts
Don't have Apple Care, talked to Apple and they say the watch has to be replaced for USD 279 cost...
Costs less than if I send in my Rado to get fixed.

The AW is one item for which I’d always recommend AppleCare Plus. Saved me a bundle when I dropped my first-gen and cracked its back. Apple ended up giving me a free replacement S2 because it took two weeks for the repair center to refuse repair and, in the words of the Apple Store employee, “We promised you a working watch, and two weeks is a long time to go without one.”

PS: YMMV

PPS: How long does it take to repair a regular watch at the factory?

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
AppleCare just saved the day for me a couple of weeks ago. Smashed the face. They sent me a new (probably refurbished but looked brand new) one which was received in 2 days. Send the broken one back in the same pre-addressed box. Simple.

Get the AppleCare on the replacement if you can.

·
Registered
112 Posts
How much more robust are the stainless steel and sapphire models ?.

A friends sports Apple Watch took a full hit on the wrist really smashed up the face, saved his wrist big time but watch was a real mess.

·
Registered
24,132 Posts
How much more robust are the stainless steel and sapphire models ?.

A friends sports Apple Watch took a full hit on the wrist really smashed up the face, saved his wrist big time but watch was a real mess.
Supposedly the "Gorilla Glass"-type displays on the Sport models are a little more flexible and more forgiving of a hit than are the sapphire versions.

My first-gen SS's display was pristine for the two years I had it. Same with the stainless S2 that replaced it. My S4 Sport, which I've had since last October, still looks good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts