WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
23,793 Posts
The important stuff (because that site SUCKS on mobile thanks to all of its ads... really, Ron, you gotta choose a new source... ;-) )

In the latest iPhone 8 and iPhone X, Apple uses a new type of flexible circuit board made from a liquid crystal polymer. It's employed in the construction of the antenna designs and is lauded for being slimmer, heat- and moisture-resistant, and still capable of much faster data transfer speeds.

According to KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, Apple is looking to employ the liquid crystal circuit boards across its lineups of Macs and the next Apple Watch.
This is the first I’ve heard of new liquid crystal polymer circuit boards, but hey, anything’s possible.

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The important stuff (because that site SUCKS on mobile thanks to all of its ads... really, Ron, you gotta choose a new source... ;-) )

This is the first I’ve heard of new liquid crystal polymer circuit boards, but hey, anything’s possible.
I use a mobile ad blocker. I suppose I could cut and paste the text from PA, but lose the images.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hopefully this improves the data connection on the Apple Watch. I have the series 3 in SS and I have yet to make a successful call indoors.

Reactions: ronalddheld

·
Registered
89 Posts
Debating selling my aluminum series 3 for a stainless equivalent, or waiting for series 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23,793 Posts
Debating selling my aluminum series 3 for a stainless equivalent, or waiting for series 4
I'd say to wait for the Series 5. Chasing upgrades gets expensive. Skipping a generation or two makes the upgrade feel much more substantial, too.

·
Registered
23,793 Posts
The two neatest rumors I’ve heard so far talk about two things:

- increased display area (same case size, just more LEDs and narrower empty edges... which seems silly as the current display area is nearly as big as the flat area of the crystal already)

- and solid-state hardware for the crown and side button. This would be more reliable and take up less space than the current mechanical ones. The crown would still rotate, but the press-to-click part would change.

Whether these changes could appear in 2018 is still anyone’s guess, but I think solid-state buttons would be a good improvement.

·
Registered
23,793 Posts
Thumbs down for the article. Still rumors, not facts; and developing a desire for rumored features only leads to disappointment when they don’t appear.

Modular bands have been floating in patents since the beginning, and would serve no real function besides making heavier, thicker straps that are more expensive. I think most of the third-party straps I’ve seen are fashionable yet cheap, and I’m sure their owners wouldn’t want to spend more.

Funny how they talk about a bigger display and then also expect a FaceTime camera. Not sure where you can put a camera when the bezel gets shrunk down to almost nil. What, maybe an iPhone X-like notch? Yeah, that’ll go over real well. /s

Some additions aren’t always improvements. I don’t think sites like that one understand the difference.

1 - 20 of 144 Posts