WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Banned
107 Posts
That is why I love and hate apple products, you buy one and within months there is a newer model and have not even finish paying for the older model!

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
That is why I love and hate apple products, you buy one and within months there is a newer model and have not even finish paying for the older model!
Apple usually alternates revolution and evolution. So if they do that with the 5, expect evolution.

That's smart, especially given the slow down rate on consumer upgrades on iphones, pads and laptops. Apple seems to have, for the most part, a good handle on the magic numbers.

Switching to a 1 year revolutionary cycle, IMHO, means the cigar has gone out. That's a reference to an old salt Coast Guard rescue boat trainer, mentioned in a book (forget the name), when he takes recruits out though the worst bars (sand) in the PAC NW. He always maintained a lit cigar. Even when the boat is vertical, he would remain steady and calm; and say "Nothing to worry about unless my cigar goes out."

Introducing a 1 year revolutionary cycle with any Apple product means the cigar has gone out.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Apple usually alternates revolution and evolution. So if they do that with the 5, expect evolution.
Yup. Longtime Apple observers call it a “tick-tock cycle.”

“Tick” — new shape, some new externally visible features;
“Tock” — upgraded internal tech, big jump in computational abilities.

I was actually surprised by the new shape of the Series 4, because I didn’t think the earlier models needed any improvement. But it’s been a good upgrade, and I hope it doesn’t get any bigger after this.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I would like it thinner by at least 1.5mm. It won't happen, I know.
That dang heart rate monitor is so dang thick.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Frustrating the ecg monitoring is taking so long in uk don’t need it but would be nice if it worked, any preconditions when / if ?

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Here’s to hoping for a smaller size than 40mm for the wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That'd be great. Odds aren't that good about it happening (and the capability-to-size ratio, if there can be such a thing, is still the best out there), and the corner complications would end up tiny. But I'm sure there are a lot of people whose main wish is for it to be smaller.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Call me crazy, but I still like and actually prefer the form factor of the Series 3. Though, I'm sure the newer ones are faster and better to live with.

I wish Apple would cool it with the price increases, but they won't.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
I wish Apple would cool it with the price increases, but they won't.
AW prices have been pretty stable.

Remember that the first-generation model was wholly replaced by the Series 1, which itself was a slightly speed-bumped upgrade (2 cpu cores instead of 1) and NOT available in steel-and-sapphire.

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Had tondo a minor IOS 13 update first, but am on 6 now. Maybe the new faces are for the 44 mm watches?

1 - 20 of 92 Posts