WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 430 Posts

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
TIMEX Diver for April Fools' Day.

I bought this one, as described, for its helium valve (valve to free the watch case from the helium gas which has penetrated after some time in the decompression chamber).

Wow, a helium valve on a Timex diver!

Well, that thing is really for changing the date. I didn't return it, because I've thought this is too funny …

Has and additional plastic strap for leaving it on under the shower.

Happy Easter!

Attachments

·
Registered
695 Posts
It's April 1st so I'm wearing my Universally approved Geneve today. Still keeps very good time.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Happy Easter everyone.

Today, I’ve gone all “international” with this 34.55mm Services. Assembled in Leicester, England, driven by a 1j Smiths cal. 512 made in Wales, and with what looks rather like an Antichoc 102 system from France.

Many other national combinations were available with Services watches and no-one could ever have accused Frank Liquorish of insularity!

Regards.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts

I hadn't been wearing it much for a couple months due to the movement being a bit finicky. I recently found the time to go through it and improve the situation. Changed a few parts in the setting mechanism, adjusted the hairspring, poised and trued the balance, and trued a couple wheels, along with cleaning everything up again. It's working pretty well now. The movement is similar (though not identical) to the one used in early (1930s) multiforts. Various parts are slightly different in dimensions (wheels, pallet fork, maybe something else). It's *just* enough so that finding spares is a huge pain :mad:

Oh well.

·
Registered
7,774 Posts
1948 Roamer made for Turler, MST 360 under the bonnet.
bn6UDaX.jpg

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
After posting in the wrong thread yesterday and looking a real April fool, I’ll post in the correct one today

Just imagine getting this new in 1981, it must have been like glimpsing the future.

Matt

Brought to you by HYPNOTOAD

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
32.7mm Majex today. Driven by a 15j Pierce 103 (SC), possibly by Minerva and with just the merest hint of early-onset “patina”.

Without a seconds hand, and probably from the 1950s, it’s on a wear-for-today strap before being re-interred for another year.

Regards.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
1980s Pulsar today with a nice 'Mercedes' hour hand. Highest quality for the mass market. My father-in-law wore it every day to work for many years.

He was an engineer in the quality control section of a large company and would have never touched anything cheaply made or unreliable. He also he had a good feeling for the price-performance-ratio and common sense, concerning necessities and the technical functions on an instrument. For those people, such a Pulsar watch was the inevitable result.

Once a Hamilton company, it is now under the roof of Seiko (which might have had a similar opinion of their products). More than a »poor man's Seiko« for certain.

By the way, Pulsar were the first to come to the market with a fully electronic watch with LED (light emitting diodes = the red numbers) display.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,609 Posts
Zodia-Chron today. Whenever I see the word "Hermetic", I think of Johnny Carson's "Carnac the Magnificent" skits. Ed McMahon would say something like

" ... these envelopes have been hermetically sealed, and stored in a mayonnaise jar on Funk and Wagnall's porch ... "

but I digress ...

zodiac.jpg

1 - 20 of 430 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.