·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Longines Silvergines

·
Registered
674 Posts
SAM_9054.JPG

Sometimes only the '70s will do. Sitting here, listening to "Argus" by Wishbone Ash, what else would I be wearing? This heavy metal Cronel would be the sort of timepiece the guy on the album cover would be sporting! Anachronisms - where?
(It doesn't have a quick set date, just in case you're wondering)
(..and Ash weren't particularly metal)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Um...er... you hope?? There is absolutely no comparison, my dear Elvis. I only wish there were!

Regards.
Many thanks, dear fellow! I'm happy you appreciate this old german gentleman on my wrist. He's not in the best of shapes, but I'm very fond of him. J88-equipped specimens are becoming rare these days and most of them are quite worn. This one was decent enough (at least for me) and works properly.

Some months ago, I almost grabbed a time-only Junghans specimen like the one you showed us. Such a simple and elegant piece!

·
Registered
7,774 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
For some time I had harboured the notion that today’s effort might just be someone’s idea of a joke - I had been going to say “wind-up”, but thought the better of it.

However, some of our colleagues on the Russian Forum have been kind enough to provide Slava catalogue pages from the 1980s featuring variants of this thing, and although not finding an example aligning all features of this precise one, they seem content that it is legit, if somewhat unusual.

With its double-barrelled 26j Slava 2428 movement and date-set pusher at 2 it has, at 38mm, a degree of presence. You just have to ignore the sniggers, or people asking if it runs backwards.

Regards.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
For some time I had harboured the notion that today’s effort might just be someone’s idea of a joke - I had been going to say “wind-up”, but thought the better of it.

However, some of our colleagues on the Russian Forum have been kind enough to provide Slava catalogue pages from the 1980s featuring variants of this thing, and although not finding an example aligning all features of this precise one, they seem content that it is legit, if somewhat unusual.

With its double-barrelled 26j Slava 2428 movement and date-set pusher at 2 it has, at 38mm, a degree of presence. You just have to ignore the sniggers, or people asking if it runs backwards.

Regards.
Do you mean the second hand runs backwards?
Sorry, not a native english speaker and I could not understand the major part of the post :(

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
1974 TIMEX Automatic today, movement M 31

Timex has not invented the automatic wristwatch, that was someone else, with some designs that could already be found in pocket watches.

However, no one has ever explained so vividly and convincingly the advantages of automatic winding; a milestone in product placement and promotion of new technologies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMhO9VZxmuY

Attachments

161 - 180 of 430 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.