WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am attempting to fit a bracelet from an aqua terra 150m (Co-axial Ref# 220.10.41.21.03.004) on a Seamaster Pro 2018 co-axial. I found a post about this from 2016 however did not see any successful set ups!

I currently have an aqua terra rubber strap w/ deployment clasp on the Seamaster now and it fits perfectly.

Both have a 20mm lug width, and I figured the bracelet would fit without a problem as the rubber strap does, until I noticed the tabs in the photos below:

The only difference Ive noticed about the aqua terra bracelet is the shape of the piece that connects to the watch case. It looks like there are tabs that come out on each side, specifically made for the aqua terra case?

When looking at the caseback without the bracelet installed, there are no extra grooves to house those tabs, so I am assuming they just sit on the bottom of the case...

What I am thinking is if those tabs are the only thing blocking a proper fit, those tabs could easily be grinded down to flush.

Would love to hear if anyone has successfully put together this combo before! Thanks!

·
Registered
504 Posts
removed these tabs just allows the end links to sit lower / higher (depending on how you look at it) against the watch case. This assumes that the springbar holes on the lugs of the SMP are the same distance away from the case as on the AT.

if this ISNT the case, then even if the end links fit, you’ll end up with a gap between the end link and the case.. the only way to potentially do this is with some sacrificial end links where you may or may not get the intended result and if it doesnt work, then you havent wasted money on the entire bracelet....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
removed these tabs just allows the end links to sit lower / higher (depending on how you look at it) against the watch case. This assumes that the springbar holes on the lugs of the SMP are the same distance away from the case as on the AT.

if this ISNT the case, then even if the end links fit, you’ll end up with a gap between the end link and the case.. the only way to potentially do this is with some sacrificial end links where you may or may not get the intended result and if it doesnt work, then you havent wasted money on the entire bracelet....

Are you saying the tabs are removeable?

I currently have a rubber aqua terra strap on the seamaster and the springbar holes line up perfect with the strap, which is a good sign.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Are you saying the tabs are removeable?

I currently have a rubber aqua terra strap on the seamaster and the springbar holes line up perfect with the strap, which is a good sign.
Well, removable yes. But permanently. There is no way back of course. But you can grind and file them off.

But long before I would go that far, I'd try to be certain they will fit. How? Well you could try to perform "a negative" from either part watch/endlink by for example model clay or similar. Just to measure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's the 41.5 with 20mm width.
Figured, just wanted to be sure.

I just find it so interesting that the spring bar holes don't line up! I currently have an AT rubber strap on my smp and the spring bar holes lined up perfectly, and it fits extremely well. Maybe the rubber allows for a little bit of flex, who knows!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Figured, just wanted to be sure.

I just find it so interesting that the spring bar holes don't line up! I currently have an AT rubber strap on my smp and the spring bar holes lined up perfectly, and it fits extremely well. Maybe the rubber allows for a little bit of flex, who knows!
Yes it doesn't take much. Also the curvature of the case is slightly different. I tried to put the rubber of the SMP 300 as well on the AT, but I couldn't get it to hold in place either, the holes don't seem to be aligned, whereas I managed to align the holes to put the bracelet of the SMP on the AT (The problem is then more the curvature of the end link vs the case).

Maybe the AT8900 has slightly different end links and it might work better.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes it doesn't take much. Also the curvature of the case is slightly different. I tried to put the rubber of the SMP 300 as well on the AT, but I couldn't get it to hold in place either, the holes don't seem to be aligned, whereas I managed to align the holes to put the bracelet of the SMP on the AT (The problem is then more the curvature of the end link vs the case).

Maybe the AT8900 has slightly different end links and it might work better.
Im going to borrow one from a friend to see what I can do, thank you this information you have been extremely helpful.

On another note, I came across someone on instagram that has a 50th anniversary speed master bracelet on an smp300 and apparently the holes line up perfectly, and look how flawless the fit is. I think this may be the move.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Im going to borrow one from a friend to see what I can do, thank you this information you have been extremely helpful.

On another note, I came across someone on instagram that has a 50th anniversary speed master bracelet on an smp300 and apparently the holes line up perfectly, and look how flawless the fit is. I think this may be the move.

View attachment 15720585
Yes he is on the forum too (Spikedlee). You can read his thread with the details here : I Put My 50th Anniversary Speedy Bracelet on my...

·
Registered
504 Posts

View attachment 15720585
This was achieved by using aftermarket hollow end links ..... they are not original Omega end links. only the bracelet is Omega.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Hi Thierry, it would be interesting to understand how the holes align for the AT bracelet end links on the SMP lugs...

Are the holes on the SMP lugs too close to the case? Or are they too far from the case and the AT end links leave a gap?
Hi Jeelan, I will try to measure the holes distance, but from what I can see my guess is the curvature of the end link which is causing the problem, and doesn't match exactly, and causing the holes to misalign.

If you look at the photos of the SMP bracelet on the AT in the other thread, it does fit but leaves a small gap in particular on one side. So I suspect the curvature is pushing the end links a tad and they don't align exactly.

Here are the result. Both are about 4mm away from the case, so as expected they are very close.

AT8500:

SMP:

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hi Jeelan, I will try to measure the holes distance, but from what I can see my guess is the curvature of the end link which is causing the problem, and doesn't match exactly, and causing the holes to misalign.

If you look at the photos of the SMP bracelet on the AT in the other thread, it does fit but leaves a small gap in particular on one side. So I suspect the curvature is pushing the end links a tad and they don't align exactly.

Here are the result. Both are about 4mm away from the case, so as expected they are very close.
thanks Thierry, appreciate it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts