WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I know another Saphire Sandwitch ;_)

It arrived yesterday bought from a chap on TZ.

It is said to be 2 months old (But came without papers), it has its red dot intack and has full serial numbers ,it is in mostly mint condition.

However the minute hand has damage to the rose gold which is a shame. As it is so new I would think this is a fault to the plating rather than wear n tear.

this may be a silly question but what do you think the chances are that Omega might sort it out free (No warrenty card) or how much do you think it would cost to right?

Seems a shame to open a new watch but the damage is also a shame.

I should have said, I really like this fella! (the watch rather than the seller).

best (seasons greetings)

Al

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Yes I know another Saphire Sandwitch ;_)

It arrived yesterday bought from a chap on TZ.

It is said to be 2 months old (But came without papers), it has its red dot intack and has full serial numbers ,it is in mostly mint condition.

However the minute hand has damage to the rose gold which is a shame. As it is so new I would think this is a fault to the plating rather than wear n tear.

this may be a silly question but what do you think the chances are that Omega might sort it out free (No warrenty card) or how much do you think it would cost to right?

Seems a shame to open a new watch but the damage is also a shame.

I should have said, I really like this fella! (the watch rather than the seller).

best (seasons greetings)

Al

The bad news:

Al,

Although the damaged hand appears to have been a factory defect (red dot in place), Omega will not repair it without a warranty card.

The good news:

A replacement hand and the labor should not run more than a $100 or so and considering what you paid for that beauty, you are still ahead.

I had the 39mm version of that model and let my wife tallk me into selling it. :-( It was the only Omega I ever bought brand new. I love the RG hands and markers. Mine came on the bracelet but I usually wore it on one of Walt's Genesis II honey-colored alligators as shown here:

All in all, I think you will come out OK.

Fr. John+

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Fr.John,

I did get it for a good price (strong £ helped as well) I was a little miffed that the guy selling did not mention the damage, he also said it came in a box (it did but not an Omega one).

I think £50 to sort it out is an excellent price (I presume an AD?).

Milady thinks it is a bit old fasioned compaired to the Speedy and the Chrono Colt, but after only 5 hours wrist time I have grown rather fond of it.

It is quite a big watch @ 42.2mm and the clear ivory face makes it look bigger & yes the rose gold markers look stunning (understated style).

I will some amature photography a little later.

Best

Al

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Hi Fr.John,

I did get it for a good price (strong £ helped as well) I was a little miffed that the guy selling did not mention the damage, he also said it came in a box (it did but not an Omega one).

I think £50 to sort it out is an excellent price (I presume an AD?).

Milady thinks it is a bit old fasioned compaired to the Speedy and the Chrono Colt, but after only 5 hours wrist time I have grown rather fond of it.

It is quite a big watch @ 42.2mm and the clear ivory face makes it look bigger & yes the rose gold markers look stunning (understated style).

I will some amature photography a little later.

Best

Al
The ivory/silver dial and SS bezel make the watch wear bigger than it really is. My wife said the 39mm looked like a wall clock on my wrist and convinced me to sell it. She has no problem with my 42mm Speedies as the black dial and bezel wears smaller.

It's a beauty and worth every bit of what you paid for it including the minor repair costs. I would let a local Omega guy do the work if at all possible.

Fr. John+

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have just "spoken" with the seller.

He will be crediting my account with $100 to cover the repairs to the AT.

I am very pleased with this and can now say that I like the watch, and the seller (PU_gridiron (Steve)).

It's great when you deal with decent people, and I must say that it happens quite a lot with folk who do watches.

Best to you all.

Al

1 - 5 of 5 Posts