WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m very close to pulling the trigger on an 8900 series, 41mm Aqua Terra. I’ve narrowed it down to the light/slate blue dial and the darker blue dial. Both dials are amazing but it’s a tough call, especially because they can look so similar. Has anyone else faced the same dilemma?

Right now I’m leaning light/slate blue as I like the gray rubber more than the royal blue rubber on the darker dial. I’ll be picking up the bracelet so have the added flexibility.

I’ll be wearing this both casually and with business attire on the bracelet. It will join my Speedy Pro, first gen Planet Ocean and Explorer II polar. The IWC Mark XVIII will be leaving to help fund the AT.

Let me know which color you like best, share pictures if you have them!

IMG_2171.jpg IMG_2073.jpg

E6F0361F-C646-44EA-8C36-83FE48AD0ED6.jpg IMG_2179.jpg

·
Registered
56 Posts
The good news is, this is a great problem to have :)
Personally, in your wrist shots, the slate dial looks more unique and to me stands out more. Would look great with a range of different colored straps too. Also, looks like the date window blends in more with the dial for the slate version versus the blue.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I have looked at both of these online and in person quite a bit and it's a close call for me. I think if the darker blue dial with blue text came with the slate grey strap I'd prefer that, but ultimately I like the slate blue with blue seconds best. I highly recommend seeing it in natural light because in my opinion it looks much better than under artificial jewelry store light or in pictures.

Reactions: BigAl085

·
Registered
149 Posts
Dark blue for sure.

Blues can change hue in different light, and I see a tiny bit of purple on the lighter dial AT. I am not a blurple guy.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m going to drop by the Atlanta boutique to have another look this week. I wish they had more natural light in there, hopefully it’s better in ATL. The gray can look a bit flat indoors but I’ve seen a few great outdoor shots.

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
I've owned an AT withe the dark blue dial and I feel its the more dressy of the two options. I like the slate colour too, but dark blue wins for me.

Reactions: BigAl085

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
IMHO the blue second hand detracts from the slate one and makes it too sporty. The beauty of the AT is it dresses up or down very well, but this hand will make it struggle to dress up (depends if you need this of course). Having said that the slate colour looks great!

Nigel

·
Registered
22 Posts
Go for the dark blue.

Slate would be fine if it's not because of the "plastic" blue second hand.
"plastic" second hand makes the watch look cheap like those sport rubber plastic/toy for children.
I would label it cheap rather than sporty look.
You pay a lot for this watch so don't go for the cheap look.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Another vote for dark blue. Buy on bracelet and then get the grey or black rubber strap. Or a non-Omega rubber strap. I find the stock strap to be a bit over-designed (as well as over-priced).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
885 Posts
Wow Tough choice. I immediately thought slate blue, by the end of the thread I changed my mind. Happy choosing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
After looking at both watches again, I’ll be going with the darker blue dial. The seconds hand was really the tie breaker and I ended up preferring the silver hand of the dark blue model over the all blue hand of the slate dial. Both watches are amazing though so not a bad problem to have!

The other thing I looked at was the color of the gray rubber strap which is typically paired with the slate dial. I think it will actually look great with the darker dial and plan on ordering it as well.

Thanks for all the input, I hope the pictures are helpful for someone else down the road!
IMG_2270.jpg IMG_2271.jpg IMG_2258.jpg

1 - 20 of 42 Posts