WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may recall from last Spring a collection of posts from Xaltoun regarding his attempts to mount his blue dial Aqua Terra on a bracelet, first via attempts with an OEM 1171 and 633 end links and then later a Hadley Roma oyster with curved end links. Well, I purchased that blue dial Aqua Terra and inherited the HR oyster a month or two ago, and until now preferred and was content with the brown croc strap that was included in the purchase even though the HR worked with its curved end links.

I recently saw an OEM 1171/633 bracelet for sale at a great price and jumped at it on the off chance it would work with the end links from the HR oyster.

After a 10 day wait, the bracelet arrived and .... the HR end links match perfectly with the 1171 from an asthetic and fit standpoint. One good and a couple poor pics are attached, but I really am amazed that this worked as well as it did after reading Xaltotun's trials and tribulations. You cannot tell the end links are from a completely different brand and bracelet. From what I can tell, the main difference from the 633 and HR endlinks is the width, the HR endlinks are about a 2/3 as wide and allow for them to attach to the 1171 while still fitting into the the lug holes without any mods to the springbars.

The 1171 is about half the weight of the OEM (which is great for me) and when the bracelet is on the wrist there is no gap at all between the case and the HR end links (if you have the watch off and pull the bracelet halves together you can see about a 1/2mm gap, but I don't plan to spend much time doing that;-)).

To anyone who does not have the OEM AT bracelet and is looking for a cheaper Omega alternative (for me, $85 for the 1171/633 and the HR is $45 new), the 1171 with the HR endlinks is definitely a way to go. Now I just have to figure out if the HR Oyster bracelet and two OEM 633 endlinks work on my PO, which I purchased without the bracelet. If not, I guess I have to find out if there is a market for an HR Oyster with no end links, or two OEM 633 links!

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nice info, Thanks. I'm in the same boat looking for an SS bracelet for my AT. I have the 42.2MM case, and the OEM bracelet seems to be the 1573/897. Yours looks like it may be a 39.2MM case? Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Wow! Great fit dude!

I'm glad you were able to embark a true Omega bracelet on that beautiful watch. And the fact that the endlink is not original Omega; well who cares as long as it's aesthetically pleasing :-!

Great stuff, makes me miss my Aqua Terra (albeit selling it allowed me to pick up my second Bond, so "one out one in").

1 - 4 of 4 Posts