WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of getting an Aqua Terra with rubber strap, specifically this beige model. Can anybody comment on how well their strap has held up over time or if it's gotten dirty beyond cleaning? I'd hate for it to get smudged like khaki pants.

Watch Analog watch Silver Clock Rectangle

·
Registered
250 Posts
Thinking of getting an Aqua Terra with rubber strap, specifically this beige model. Can anybody comment on how well their strap has held up over time or if it's gotten dirty beyond cleaning? I'd hate for it to get smudged like khaki pants.

View attachment 16149720
I have an AT 8900 on blue rubber with white stitching. I've had the watch for 2 years and wear it regularly. The strap has held up very well. To clean the white stitching, I use use some light dish soap on water with with a soft cloth and it cleans up very well.

·
Premium Member
39,786 Posts
I have had one for about two years as well, so far so good.

I use a mix of Ivory soap, warm water and a good microfiber to keep it nice and clean. Works great.

Also use a 50/50 mix of distilled water and rubbing alcohol to clean and disinfect now and again as well.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Have had mine 8900 41mm AT on the rubber strap for more than a year. Mine is the slate grey color and the elasticity in the rubber is still as it is a year back.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have had one for about two years as well, so far so good.

I use a mix of Ivory soap, warm water and a good microfiber to keep it nice and clean. Works great.

Also use a 50/50 mix of distilled water and rubbing alcohol to clean and disinfect now and again as well.
Careful with the isopropyl alcohol, it can have a drying effect on some rubbers and plastics. At your dilution it may be OK, but there are other more appropriate products available. I like your idea of ivory soap, that should work well for maintenance. If additional cleaning is needed something like diluted simple green or diluted P21s total body wash (available from car detailing places) should be ok...I've had good luck with the latter myself.

·
Premium Member
39,786 Posts
Never had any issues as long as you mix the alcohol and distilled water correctly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts