WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s everyone’s experience with the OEM rubber strap?
Is there a decent alternative that has curved ends?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
I bought an Aqua Terra (8900 movement version) on a blue OEM rubber strap and found it to be very high quality and comfortable. I really like how the bottom of the strap has big grooves on it, so it doesn't just lay flat on your skin. There's also an extra metal piece that makes it look and feel integrated with the case. Others have recommended buying the watch on the rubber strap because it is actually cheaper to buy the bracelet separately than the strap.

For alternatives, there's some aftermarket options available on eBay that are similar with curved ends and metal center pieces.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like everything about it except the stitching and the high cost.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Its a great strap and very comfortable in the heat. Combined with the clasp its a lovely strap but as others mention, its very expensive. I guess Omega are wise to the fact everyone assumes the bracelet is the way to buy so they can clobber you when you want the strap. If you go to an AD to buy, make sure they price it properly. I was originally told something like £200 but someone in the store said "I dont think that includes the bars or clasp". From memory, I have a feeling the bars are even sold separately so you have the buy the strap, clasp and bars and its mad money. I guess youre ok when it comes to replacing the worn out strap though as you only need to buy the actual rubber part.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies. How well has the stitching held up?
I haven’t managed to find any after market rubber straps that fit the case.
I’m going to try and get a deal to hopefully include the strap with some money off.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Thanks for the replies. How well has the stitching held up?
I haven’t managed to find any after market rubber straps that fit the case.
I’m going to try and get a deal to hopefully include the strap with some money off.

If you buy it will rubber and steel you should get a hefty discount with an AD. Best of luck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you buy it will rubber and steel you should get a hefty discount with an AD. Best of luck.
What % should I aim for? I don’t want to go in too cheeky but also don’t want to over pay. (Or am I breaking the rules by asking?)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How well is the metal end piece integrated, is there any movement? Also how durable is the stitching?

·
Banned
28 Posts
I’ve tried on this strap before and it was comfortable enough . Many times more comfortable than my tudor fastrider strap which was was stiff and didn’t contour to my wrist at all. The omega strap felt more fitted and the quality seemed up to par. I still prefer my rubber b strap over it though

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Another cheap chinese knock off, being sold using a photo of the Omega original by the look of it. Might be OK for £27 if you're happy strapping a £4000 watch onto something that has come out of China with little QC. If it pops off in the street, it will cost you more than £27 to get it back to new. Its like putting remoulds on a Ferrari. Not worth the risk.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This thread is of high interest to me. I have my AT on the OEM bracelet and love it - but i'd like the rubber strap as well. The price! Does anyone have a suggestion for a close alternative that's a little less expensive?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought the Aqua Terra a few years ago on the alligator strap. Does anyone know if the deployant clasp for the alligator and rubber bands is the same/interchangeable? If so, I'd just need an OEM strap and the two small metal bits near the clasp, right?

I moved last fall and the summer where I live now is a lot more humid, so I think the rubber would be a good idea.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I bought the Aqua Terra a few years ago on the alligator strap. Does anyone know if the deployant clasp for the alligator and rubber bands is the same/interchangeable? If so, I'd just need an OEM strap and the two small metal bits near the clasp, right?

I moved last fall and the summer where I live now is a lot more humid, so I think the rubber would be a good idea.
Yes it’s the same. Just asked my AD this question as I have the rubber and was curious about adding an OEM leather for cooler weather or to dress it up a little.

I absolutely love the rubber strap though. It’s extremely comfortable and I like the look, especially with the metal pieces to integrate the look.

Obligatory picture...

·
Registered
858 Posts
The new AT rubber strap is awesome. However, from an AD, they are crazy expensive IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 36 Posts