WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thoroughly searching aqua terra's for more than a year, and recently purchased my first. I bought the white face with blue hands, model 2503.33.00. I loved it the first time I saw it and passed up many other good deals during my search. But never in my search did I come across the watch in the photo, until recently. And now I am seeing them for sale all the time. I would still pick the one I bought, but I do like this one as well. Unfortunately I have never seen a listing in which the model number was included. Does anyone know? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
No never seen this model before, but I have to say, with that brown leather strap, markers and hand colours, it is simply gorgeous. Now that I would wear as a dress watch.

·
Registered
695 Posts
39mm diameter watch - on bracelet 2503.34.00; on strap 2803.34.37.

For 42mm version first four digits are 2502 and 2802 respectively.

I have the 39mm version on strap and I think its a beautiful watch, underrated when available and now much sought after now its discontinued !!

By the way, the strap in the above photo is not OEM. OEM strap is dark brown with white contrast stitching.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I love it. I had never seen this one before either, but now that I have, I definitely want one. I actually prefer it on this strap in contrast to the dark OEM strap.

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
I was tempted by the blue and the gold when I was looking for an AT, I went with the blue but i bought a Seiko Spirit in almost the same combination. Here's the only comparison phot I have handy:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Saw that same one for sale on TZ twice in three weeks and missed it both times!!! Damn antipodean time difference!!

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
I just found this thread, because I, too, was looking for the model number of this watch. I just ordered this brand new, from You Know Who. It's the last one he had. Hopefully, it arrives tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
They're a handsome watch and it's my favourite of all the cal.2500 AT variations, here's my 42mm...

·
Registered
738 Posts
I also have been hunting for that one for a 6 months now. Saw one on tz-forum two weeks ago and missed it too. Saw 2 on ebay, but condition wasn´t so good. There are 1 or 2 at Chrono24 forum but the price is absurd with both. I have had wtb ad here on the sales forum but no luck. There have been few possible ones, but i want nos or "like new" one so I keep on hunting. Good luck for your hunt. It IS a stunnig watch.

·
Registered
718 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Absolutely stunning, KatGirl…please wear it in good health!

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
Thank you. My closest friend, of over 30 years, Kim, saw it for the first time on Saturday. She's not "one of us", but through my influence, she does wear a nice quartz silver dial TAG 2000, that's 32mm in diameter. I asked her to honestly tell me, if my AT appeared too large on my wrist. Her exact response: "If it were a Timex, I'd say, yes, it's kind of large, but that watch,...... absolutely not!" That made me feel a lot better about my decision to get this one.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Reviving an old thread here, but hoping some AT owners can chime in. Does the white dial with the gold indicies have a "sunburst" effect on the dial? The silver, blue, and black ATs have a great subtle sunburst that looks stunning in the light. I've looked at all the pictures of the white and gold version I can find and I can't make out this effect.

·
Registered
283 Posts
No real sunburst effect on the white models, the dial is matte. I've seen or have (had) black dial/blue dial/silver dial/white dial rose gold/white dial blue markers/ at this stage and while they are all lovely, they have uniquely different effects with dial/hands.

The black is glossy and quite shiny, a bit overpowering sometimes but is striking and quite stunning. The blue dial has the most amazing sunburst effect of any dial I've ever seen, mesmerising. The silver also has a sunburst but is probably a little less pronounced than the blue, none the less it is impressive and eyecatching. I do feel the silver hands with dial and silver case loses a little something along the way. It's a beautiful watch but a little too much...well silver!. The white dials are just amazing. The blue markers are really deep and when it catches the light they give the most amazing hues, also the same with the rose gold, the rose gold markers/hands look really deep and rich when the light hits them.

I guess everybody has their own opinions but in order of impressiveness to me I would put the blue dial first, then white dial rose gold, then white dial blue, then black, then silver. This is the sort of watch however where it is quite easy to own a few.

I'm not the best photographer by any standard and this is a cheap untouched shot with a P&S, but hope this pic gives an impression of the dial. The markers in certain lights almost give a 3D effect vs the matte dial. It is impressive how Omega manages to get dial colour combinations and hands/markers to play differently and give different effects in lighting variations.

·
Registered
598 Posts
NEVERMIND... Just saw the date :)

The Topper one? If so, i'm the one that got it. Rob also gave me a deep discount and threw in an iPad Mini as part of "Black Friday" :)

The watch is essentially NOS with some remaining Omega Warranty. Managed to snap up a lightly used Omega Deployment and Strap as well. I'm chuffed to say the least.

Scotty

·
Registered
52 Posts
No real sunburst effect on the white models, the dial is matte. I've seen or have (had) black dial/blue dial/silver dial/white dial rose gold/white dial blue markers/ at this stage and while they are all lovely, they have uniquely different effects with dial/hands.

The black is glossy and quite shiny, a bit overpowering sometimes but is striking and quite stunning. The blue dial has the most amazing sunburst effect of any dial I've ever seen, mesmerising. The silver also has a sunburst but is probably a little less pronounced than the blue, none the less it is impressive and eyecatching. I do feel the silver hands with dial and silver case loses a little something along the way. It's a beautiful watch but a little too much...well silver!. The white dials are just amazing. The blue markers are really deep and when it catches the light they give the most amazing hues, also the same with the rose gold, the rose gold markers/hands look really deep and rich when the light hits them.

I guess everybody has their own opinions but in order of impressiveness to me I would put the blue dial first, then white dial rose gold, then white dial blue, then black, then silver. This is the sort of watch however where it is quite easy to own a few.

I'm not the best photographer by any standard and this is a cheap untouched shot with a P&S, but hope this pic gives an impression of the dial. The markers in certain lights almost give a 3D effect vs the matte dial. It is impressive how Omega manages to get dial colour combinations and hands/markers to play differently and give different effects in lighting variations.
Thanks for the excellent write up. Beautifull pic too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts