WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Agree that the movement decoration is quite "industrial" and unimaginative. Nomos probably has nicer decorations at half the price. Haha.

Lume shot:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I have 2 minor complaints about this watch.
First, the crown is quite slippery and difficult to wind and to set the date/time.
Second, there is no quick-set date. So with the slippery crown, catching up date is no fun.

·
Registered
191 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Ok wow. This watch was just added to my dream list!

Beautiful watch and nice acquisition!! Enjoy in good health!

Post pictures as often as possible!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Very nice! Congratulations and thank you for sharing. I been interested in this model as well and am torn between the bracelet and the rubber strap. How do you like the bracelet? Do you mind showing us a pic and telling us a bit about the clasp?
I tried both bracelet and strap versions and liked both, the bracelet fits well and is very comfortable. However the polished center links will be prone to scratches, something to consider if you mind it.
Ultimately I think the watch is meant to go with the rubber straps. So I ended up buying the bracelet version AND ordering the additional rubber straps.
I will post photos of the rubber strap when it arrives.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I have 2 minor complaints about this watch.
First, the crown is quite slippery and difficult to wind and to set the date/time.
Second, there is no quick-set date. So with the slippery crown, catching up date is no fun.
oh thats par for the course on 8900/8500 based watches from Omega. You get an independent jumping hour hand that allows you to move the date in both directions, which to me makes far more sense on a watch like this.

Reactions: rfortson

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I'm surprise that the watch gains 5s per day. I know it is within METAS spec of 0/+5s, but still.

This is my first Omega, so I was not expecting it. My Tag that uses El Primero and 2 rolex all run within +-1s.

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
It looks great. I tried one on a few weeks ago at my AD and have put it on my short list. I wasn’t aware that they sell it with a bracelet. As someone posted, having an independent hour hand is big plus (PO has the 8900 movement which makes traveling much easier). + 5 spd is within their specs but still high for one of Omegas new movements. I’d monitor it for a few weeks and if it’s still high ask your AD for help.

LOoOser in the brotherhood

·
Registered
346 Posts
I couldn't resist the this watch and placed an order with the AD. The dial is just amazing and it doesn't wear like a 43mm.
It will be coming next April. This will be my first Omega. Can't wait!
Why doesn't it wear like 43? Curved lugs? General proportions. I've always been scared off by the size of these but never seen one in the flesh. How's the thickness on the wrist?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Why doesn't it wear like 43? Curved lugs? General proportions. I've always been scared off by the size of these but never seen one in the flesh. How's the thickness on the wrist?
I think the worldtimer is very well proportioned. Lug to lug is 50mm. Thickness 13mm. I don't know if it makes sense, but it wears like a supercase sub to me.
I have a 43mm Tag that looks like a puck, this AT is not.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts