WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Aqua Terra Worldtimer Steel

9K views 43 replies 25 participants last post by  HiggsBoson 
#1 ·
I couldn't resist the this watch and placed an order with the AD. The dial is just amazing and it doesn't wear like a 43mm.
It will be coming next April. This will be my first Omega. Can't wait!

See less See more
#11 ·
I also just tried this on at my local dealer and absolutely love the watch. I think the movement is incredible. Really nicely done and the first World Timer I have seen that is not a dress watch but in a sports model. This makes more sense as when travelling you want one watch that can do all. Dip in the hotel pool, or relaxing on the beach then you can wear this piece no problem. It also has a date complication which I think is a must for a World Timer yet quite a few don’t have it. So in short this is pretty much everything I want. But, and this is the big but, I cannot read the time off the World Timer scale with my ageing eyesight. The numerics are just too small and only when in perfect lighting can I read the time from it. In a dark plane, sleep deprived I’m not going to be able to read it. Late at night in a taxi to the hotel after just landing and I’m wanting to work out what the time is in NY or London or Tokyo I cannot read it.

It looks stunning, it’s a beautiful execution of the watch and I love it on my wrist, not as heavy as it looks and lighter than my Planet Ocean 2500 too.

I was so close to putting a deposit down but held back just because I cannot read the dial. I may have to go back and have another look. I’m sold on it and really want it but the legibility I know will frustrate me after a while of owning it.

Oh and my AD said I would probably get it in Feb if I put a deposit down now.

Cheers,
Delirious.

#12 ·
I also just tried this on at my local dealer and absolutely love the watch. I think the movement is incredible. Really nicely done and the first World Timer I have seen that is not a dress watch but in a sports model. This makes more sense as when travelling you want one watch that can do all. Dip in the hotel pool, or relaxing on the beach then you can wear this piece no problem. It also has a date complication which I think is a must for a World Timer yet quite a few don't have it. So in short this is pretty much everything I want. But, and this is the big but, I cannot read the time off the World Timer scale with my ageing eyesight. The numerics are just too small and only when in perfect lighting can I read the time from it. In a dark plane, sleep deprived I'm not going to be able to read it. Late at night in a taxi to the hotel after just landing and I'm wanting to work out what the time is in NY or London or Tokyo I cannot read it.

It looks stunning, it's a beautiful execution of the watch and I love it on my wrist, not as heavy as it looks and lighter than my Planet Ocean 2500 too.

I was so close to putting a deposit down but held back just because I cannot read the dial. I may have to go back and have another look. I'm sold on it and really want it but the legibility I know will frustrate me after a while of owning it.

Oh and my AD said I would probably get it in Feb if I put a deposit down now.

Cheers,
Delirious.
Feb! I must speak to my AD to bring forward the delivery again [emoji846]

#33 ·
oh thats par for the course on 8900/8500 based watches from Omega. You get an independent jumping hour hand that allows you to move the date in both directions, which to me makes far more sense on a watch like this.

Reactions: rfortson
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.