WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been thinking a lot about the latest generation Worldtimer, but am concerned it may be too big. Reviewers say it wears smaller than you’d think, but all dimensions are a bit bigger than the 300M, which is not a small watch (but one I’m very familiar with and am quite fond of).

Does anyone have direct experience with the two beyond trying them on at the AD?

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
I’ve been thinking a lot about the latest generation Worldtimer, but am concerned it may be too big. Reviewers say it wears smaller than you’d think, but all dimensions are a bit bigger than the 300M, which is not a small watch (but one I’m very familiar with and am quite fond of).

Does anyone have direct experience with the two beyond trying them on at the AD?
I have both, and the AT wears ever so slightly larger if you have it on bracelet. I didnt want it on bracelet, I have it on the OEM blue strap. Basically wears the same in that configuration.

Reactions: NMGE17

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. Out of curiosity, what didn’t you like about the Worldtimer bracelet and how much wrist time does that watch see? Such a pretty thing.

Reactions: JLittle

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. Out of curiosity, what didn’t you like about the Worldtimer bracelet and how much wrist time does that watch see? Such a pretty thing.
Not a big fan of the AT bracelet. No quick adjust. The rubber strap seems to match the watch better and its adjustable and it makes the fit a bit better. And the rubber strap feels incredible. Nice design with ridges along outside so sweat doesn't happen like many rubber straps.

It gets good wrist time the 4th most of all my watches.

Reactions: Covenant

·
Registered
101 Posts
AT’s are cool but I’m looking at a seamaster myself so I’m kinda bias towards the smp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
487 Posts
I have both, and the AT wears ever so slightly larger if you have it on bracelet. I didnt want it on bracelet, I have it on the OEM blue strap. Basically wears the same in that configuration.
What’s your wrist size? Would you mind sharing a wrist shot of both? Ta

·
Registered
487 Posts

OP. What’s your wrist size?

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
What’s your wrist size? Would you mind sharing a wrist shot of both? Ta

My wrist size 7.25. This watch is 50 lug to lug just like the Seamster 300M. Don't have a pic on my phone. Will post later today.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OP. What’s your wrist size?

6.75" and I have zero issues with the SMP300 on a bracelet...it fits great. That said, the Seamaster glidelock style clasp adjustment is a likely a big part of that.

Reactions: JLittle

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
This looks great

Since you originally asked which one of these two fantastic watches you should get, if you are torn between the two, I like the Seamaster 300M more. If I could only have one, I would choose that one. On top of that, it is is way less expensive than the Worldtimer.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
The WT is a premium piece for sure, I paid $9k.

It is such a cool watch though, and sent me off on a worldtimer deep dive, and I’ve been adding world timers to my collection.

It’s a beautiful watch, on bracelet or rubber, and so much more unique than the SM300.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Since you originally asked which one of these two fantastic watches you should get, if you are torn between the two, I like the Seamaster 300M more. If I could only have one, I would choose that one. On top of that, it is is way less expensive than the Worldtimer.
I was asking about the WT as an addition to my collection, which presently includes a white dial SMP. :) My fondness for that watch is what has me considering the WT, but as others have mentioned, it is quite spendy. Wish I could see/try one in person...I mean look at the thing:
Watch Analog watch Light Rectangle Clock

1 - 16 of 16 Posts