WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Late Christmas to me.. Just arrived and what a watch it is... I was very surprised that it has drilled lugs. When did this happen? I haven't seen any pics or script about this...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep...I like them and the X-Mas discount was the only way I was able to jump on the BS100..Other wise I was looking at the Bronze version.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Now that you've been able to see the BS100 in the flesh, how do you think it stacks up against the Zixen Trimix?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Now that you've been able to see the BS100 in the flesh, how do you think it stacks up against the Zixen Trimix?
It's higher quality for sure but where I see it is in the dial the hands and the Bezel.. The Bezel is a work of art... The case work is very close but edges out the Trimix for sure.. The attention to detail is where AD have the advantage too. Like under the straps around the bottom of the lugs.. It's as if Zixen didn't finish the case under the strap but AD goes the extra mile and makes it look nice where you wouldn't see it..

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Like under the straps around the bottom of the lugs.. It's as if Zixen didn't finish the case under the strap but AD goes the extra mile and makes it look nice where you wouldn't see it..
Yep, that's the one thing that has irked me about the Zixens I've owned. Everything looks great until you check out the area between the lugs. It's like the factory didn't do any finishing work at all on that part of the case.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
That's a great looking diver. I like the case shape on that one. Congrats on your new Aquadive!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Congrats! It sure is a beauty! I'm also interested in BS100, but not sure about the size. How does it wear compared to SKX007, monster and SD42?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats! It sure is a beauty! I'm also interested in BS100, but not sure about the size. How does it wear compared to SKX007, monster and SD42?
It wears larger than both the SKX and the Monster... A hair smaller than the SD42 in terms of L2L... The dial opening looks larger on the Sharkdiver so it appears larger but isn't...

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Are the Dials Gloss or Matte?
Neither. I would say semi gloss. It's not as matte as my Sharkdiver, but not glossy either.
I stand corrected. ?.. its matte. I still had the plastic on mine and until I took it off it looked a little glossy. Nope not a bit thank goodness.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
How about compared to A1?
Fit, wear and finish?
Love those drilled lugs

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
How about compared to A1?
Fit, wear and finish?
Love those drilled lugs
Fit.. Smaller but better for me. It fits. Looks large, but not Over size.. My wrist is 7in. The Armida knows it's big and I could notice all day it's there. The AD is big but will dissapear on the wrist.. I guess it's more comfortable. Like my Zixen Trimix, it fits like it was made for my wrist.
Finish compared to A1... A lot better. But It's also double the price.

Picture of both on wrist.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think the 300 might look to big on me.. I however do like big watches. To me this one wears about the same as the Darth Tuna.. I almost went DLC and turned back and went SS..

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
I think the DT wore a lot bigger. Sold mine... :) The AD is a lot more comfy than the tuna on my wrist 7.25. I did buy another Trimix. It was the only micro that I had, I really missed. Got a black face this time with mesh. Still going to order a 300 DLC when they are back in stock.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I will have another Trimix too..

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Great choice. I've had both Bronze and DLC versions so my next Aquadive will also be the SS variant. Probably the GMT though.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts