WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So yeah….I'm in the market for a new watch. There are three I've always wanted and I keep going back and forth. Those are:1. Doxa SUB 1500T Project Aware 22. Zixen ZULU GMT3. Aquadive Bathyscaphe GMT. Price isn't that far apart. Wrist size is about 6.75-7.0 or so. Got any thoughts???? ProjectAWARE2.png zutcor-new.gif 100_GMT_sm_angled.png Bathyscaphe GMT would be BLACK/ORANGE watch….black/orange watch file was too large...

·
Registered
14,456 Posts
The Zixen is far cheaper, first off.

My vote: Zixen, AD, Doxa. Zixens have so much character it's just amazing. The AD is extremely well built and finished. The Doxa is legendary, but I always see them with paint falling out of the bezel.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Only the names of the Doxa and AD are legendary at this point. They are not the same company/products they used to be. Having said that, I like the merits of the AD a lot and prefer the case shape compared to the Zixen. Have also never heard about any issues with an AD and can't say the same about Doxa. AD it would be for me.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
All three should fit your wrist just fine, except MAYBE the Zixen since the lugs don't curve down to hug the wrist very much. If I had to choose, I'd choose the AD...and this is coming from a HUGE Doxa fan (currently own 3). The quality you get with the AD is just amazing, and their customer service is top notch. If AD came out with an orange dial watch with that same case, I'd jump on it in a heartbeat. I'm not holding my breath on that one though since AD is under the same umbrella that Doxa is.

·
Premium Member
36,281 Posts
Doxa, or maybe look at a Halios as another suggestion?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Doxa for me. I've had a 750 for years, and spent the last 3 buying lots of other things trying to find a suitable counterpart. No dice. Just bought another 750, and I'm thrilled with the pair... Not saying I'll never flip the new one, that would be crazy, but not in the foreseeable future.

That said, I have always wanted a BS100.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
ADBlackISOcrown.jpg AD-Miltat Velcro Front.jpg AD side low.jpg ad-mellon best.jpg
When faced with the same choice at the start of the year I went with the AD.
Pics show a seven inch wrist - its a big watch that wears small and the L2L of 49mm is a great size for my wrist.
Very happy with my choice, if you like the look you wont be disappointed by the watch (in hand or on wrist) or service - both out standing.
This watch gets about 75% of my wrist time and has held up really well - bezel and sapphire still un-marked, watch running less than -1 per day.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
All 3 are great choices...I'd go with the AquaDive.

·
Registered
820 Posts
if you could get the AD at the price they were when released . i would say AD , but they are way over priced now.
between those 3 i say Zixen , for me it would none of the above . go with your gut !!!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I do like Doxa but yet to add one to my collection. Zixen look great and I would already have one but are too large for my wrist. My Aquadive bias might show here now but I have three already and just pre-ordered the small seconds. They are a tremendous bang for the buck and every review I've ever read compares them overall to pieces costing several times more. Asides from certain lurkers that pop up in these threads I've yet to hear a negative about them. First rate watches, first rate customer service.

Ultimately I don't think you could go wrong with any of them, but I know where my money would go.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts