WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've jus decided to purchase my 1st Tag and it will be the gray dial. This will be my daily watch. I wear a tie for work, rarely a suit, so its important that I can dress up this watch. I'm torn because although I'd prefer the rubber I'm not sure it will look dressy enough for work. What's your opinion? Should I just go with bracelet since its more versatile? Is the rubber strictly casual or does it look good in a suit? Please help!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Although my TAG isn't on rubber, my Bell&Ross is. I think rubber looks amazing (but not dressy). I think rubber is a much more casual look regardless of brand. That being said, if you think it's dressy enough, that's all that matters, but SS is a "better fit" for a dress watch over rubber.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I would buy it on the bracelet first, then add the rubber strap later...it's cheaper to do it that way, as the rubber strap is more than $100 cheaper than the bracelet I believe, and the usual price difference between rubber and bracelet at retail is about $100.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I would buy it on the bracelet first, then add the rubber strap later...it's cheaper to do it that way, as the rubber strap is more than $100 cheaper than the bracelet I believe, and the usual price difference between rubber and bracelet at retail is about $100.
This seems like a very logical option. I have held both watches and prefer the rubber strap. It´s true that bracelet is dressier however I don´t think anyone will look down on you for wearing that awesome watch on the awesome rubber strap. Go with what you like the most, don´t worry about what others might think.

I will get this watch eventually and it will be on rubber..!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Buy both. I have the Bracelet and Rubber strap and personally I like the Rubber much more then the bracelet.
I agree 100%... Buy it with the SS bracelet for "dressy" occasions. Then either ask the AD to order the rubber strap for you (at a discount, in appreciation of your business) or call Topper's and have them order one for you.

·
Registered
362 Posts
The Aquaracer 500M Gray face is only available from TAG with the Stainless Steel Bracelet.

Although the TAG website shows the Black face and the Gray face AR 500M with both the SS bracelet and the Rubber strap, only the Black face is available from TAG with the Rubber strap or the SS bracelet.

I have both the Black and Gray face models and found this out (to both my and my AD's amazement) that this is the case. TAG had no answer as to why the website is "incorrect".

Fortunately, my AD agreed to sell me the Gray face with the SS bracelet, order the Rubber strap, and swap the SS for the Rubber strap at no cost to me (in fact, I have the SS bracelet in my watch box, as well!)

I bought both of these watches when the AR 500M first came out, and it's possible that TAG has changed this policy, but I am doubtful.

You can find the Black, Gray and Blue face AR 500M's with Rubber straps on the "gray sites", but they do the bracelet / strap swapping prior to sale.

As far as whether to go with the SS bracelet or the Rubber strap from the start, both styles look good and fit in well for either casual or dress wear. The Rubber strap set up is a bit lighter on the wrist if that is an issue. The Rubber strap is also more adaptable for summer wear in case your wrist swells slightly in hot weather. (FWIW, most people's wrists do swell slightly in hot weather) The Rubber strap is easily adjustable.

If you can, get them both!

:-!:-!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts