WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

New to the world of watches, so need a bit of help. I have just received confirmation that I am getting a TAG Aquaracer Quartz silver face (£725 in most shops) as part of a bonus from work. I don’t want to appear ungrateful, but I really want the same watch, but in automatic. Will a jeweller take it in part exchange, un-worn, and still in the box? And if so, roughly how much can I expect for it?

Thanks

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
be happy your company gave you a watch. you may get lucky as far as doing a trade, but your not going to get much from a jeweler. just keep it.

·
Registered
438 Posts
be happy your company gave you a watch. you may get lucky as far as doing a trade, but your not going to get much from a jeweler. just keep it.
Agreed, keeping it would be the best thing moneywise.
If you really really want the automatic instead, try to sell the watch straight to an individual, and then go buy the auto with cash on hand, best deal that way probably...
Whatever way it goes, post pics of your new Aqua :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thought that would be the case. I am still very happy with the one that I am getting! In fact I prefer the red and green logo on the quartz as appose to the transparent one on the automatics.

I was never really bothered about watches before I was told I was getting one, but I have now read a lot about them, and I am now genuinely excited! I think I have now found a new expensive “hobby”:)

·
Registered
511 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys!

I am really getting into this watch thing now! When I am out, I find myself checking out everyone’s piece! This must mean I have the bug!!! I find it frustrating trying to see the maker’s logo to see what they have (with out the wearer clocking me), as I am not yet versed in recognising a watch from a distance.

I have got to wait up to 60 days for it to arrive, which is a bit strange as most jewellers have them in stock. When I questioned why so long, the reply I got was that it had to be made to order and shipped in from Germany! I thing the person that organised the ordering may have got a bit confused, but I decided not to argue, as after all, I am not paying for it!

Can’t wait 58 days to go!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Juat another quick question. Are all Tag's made to order? i.e If I wanted one, could I just walk into a shop and walk out with one? I ask this because of the 2 month wait I have, and have read of others waiting a long time fot their Tag's.

·
Registered
244 Posts
What do you mean? You can buy them at Watch stores (ADs and non-ADs) and at department stores (i.e. Macy's, Fortuneoff, Bloomies...)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Lamps, depends on availability and how popular the model is. I purchased a Link Auto Cal 6 at a local AD. He did not have the black face that I wanted in stock. Had to order it from the local Tag office. They did not have one in stock so they had to order it from Europe. It's not one of the highest selling models so availability was problem and I waited for about 2 months. On other more popular models, the local AD may have one in stock or the local Tag office may have one so the wait time lower.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks,

I must say guys, it is nice to be a member of a forum where you are not mocked for having little or no knowledge of the subject! Keep up the good work!
:-!

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
mocked? never. you can't learn about watches unless you ask questions. watches are fun for me.

·
Registered
421 Posts
this loooong wait for the watch must be killing you yah! i got the aquaracer quartz but in black dial... i like the Auto version too, big face n nice braclet. but then it cost more so... next time i guess.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You're not wrong! Would only admit it here, but I keep going to jewllers and trying it on pretending that I am gonna buy one! Can't understand the wait, but as I have said before, I ain't going to argue! Thay have said "within" 60 days, so fingers crossed!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Hope that it arrives a little sooner. I own two Aquaracers, the black and the blue dial and both are automatic. Before i bought these i also looked at the quartz versions. And there is really nothing wrong with the quartz Aquaracers. They are a little bit smaller but they do have the colored logo on the dial wich i like a lot!

Again, i hope your watch arrives soon and that you may wear it in good health!

greetings,

Joram.

·
Registered
23 Posts
What do you mean? You can buy them at Watch stores (ADs and non-ADs) and at department stores (i.e. Macy's, Fortuneoff, Bloomies...)
Im new to this forum............got 9 days till I get my Grand Carrera Calibre 17 for my 40th Birthday from my wonderful wife..............however I have noticed response like this one frequently..............Please try and check where the person asking the question comes from before dismissing their question so readily...............He's in the UK, you are in the States............availability and price is significantly different.

For example my Grand Carrera is available in a maximum of 60 stores in the whole of the UK and costs £2995 UK pounds.......considerably different to the States I bet..

Sorry just have noticed this happening all over the place...peiople need to check locations before replying.

Apart from that keep up the great forum

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
OMG It's turned up and it's weeks early!!!!!:-! So So happy and pleased with it!

Just one thing, the international guarentee has not been filled in by the AD. Is this going to be a major problem?

·
Registered
421 Posts
woopee! congrates on finally getting ur watch! NICE... did i mention i have the same model w black dial...

enjoy it! as for the warranty, that i don't know why not bring it down to a AD to verify

·
Registered
511 Posts
Wow! thats an excelent watch! I really love the bezael on your watch and the silver dial is very nice as well! This must be worth all the waitingb-)

hope you wear the watch in great helath and may you enjoy it as much as possible!

Greetings from a rainny and chilly Holland,

joram.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts