WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I usually don't go out on the weekend anymore since my son was born. Therefore, I really don't wear my watch (WAN2110) much on Saturday or Sunday. This has caused the watch to stop usually by Sunday night or early Monday morning making me have to wind it again. I'm trying to wear the watch more during the weekends so I don't have to do this.

However, this morning (Monday) around 8:00 am, I noticed it stopped at around 4:30 am even though I did wear it for a few hours each day on Saturday and Sunday. When I wound it though, it would go! I wound it maybe around 40 times. I had to shake it really hard and it started again.

I heard that it's not good for an automatic to keep on stopping like this due to the fluids drying up around the gears. I had the watch since April 2011. Is it time for a service already? It's running fine now and I'm going to try to wear it more often even when I'm home.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
A "few hours' on saturday and sunday is not enough wear to give your watch a full wind. It ran out of puff, and subsequently 'stopped'

·
Registered
705 Posts
that doesnt sound right it should start going as soon as you wind it a few turns. Also shouldnt need a service so soon.

as for the weekends invest in a winder. anytime you can avoid unscrewing/screwing a crown is a good thing. 100$ winder may save you a few hundred dollar repair job on the threads or movement.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A "few hours' on saturday and sunday is not enough wear to give your watch a full wind. It ran out of puff, and subsequently 'stopped'
Yeah, that's what I figured. Started freaking out when it wouldn't tick even with all the wounding. Will start to wear it more often on weekends now.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Unless you wear your watch every day, you really need a winder. A winder is also nice if you have been wearing your watch but have had some inactive days where it isn't getting much of a wind. Only a consistent wearing/winding pattern will allow a watch to have consistent time keeping.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unless you wear your watch every day, you really need a winder. A winder is also nice if you have been wearing your watch but have had some inactive days where it isn't getting much of a wind. Only a consistent wearing/winding pattern will allow a watch to have consistent time keeping.
Yes, that's something I'll consider but I don't have many watches to begin with so not sure if it's worth it. I think I'll just try to wear this one more.

·
Registered
820 Posts
You could always send it to me and I promise to wear it often and keep it in a winder when not on my wrist.

You're welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts