WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
Opinion wanted.
Want to purchase the Tag Heuer Aquaracer, but can't decide which one: 1. Gold plated markers, hands and crown with nice textured dial. 2. All stainless steel with mother of pearl dial. Both with diamonds and automatic movements.
I like the look of the first one, that's for sure, but I have doubts about that PVD on the crown. How it wears?
And how long it might last?
Thanks!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Haha. just making sure.

I think they both look very nice. I also think the PVD rose gold will be very tough and hold up nicely for many many years. Since it’s just a crown, if it shows enough wear that you want to replace it, I’m sure it wouldn’t cost much. Also, the gold one looks like it has polished center links and the other one looks brushed so that’s something else to consider. Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha. just making sure.

I think they both look very nice. I also think the PVD rose gold will be very tough and hold up nicely for many many years. Since it’s just a crown, if it shows enough wear that you want to replace it, I’m sure it wouldn’t cost much. Also, the gold one looks like it has polished center links and the other one looks brushed so that’s something else to consider. Good luck.
Thanks! Got it from AD with 600 usd off! (Not so much people buying Watches nowadays). In person PVD rose gold version looks so nice, specially that textured dial and gold details. Just stunning... wife's birthday is in August, but it feels good to be prepared in advance :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts