WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've got a bit of a jones for the beautiful Aquis Maldives LE - one of the most appealing diver's watches out there, if you ask me, and it can be had at a fair price. Trouble is, I don't know if I can pull off a 43mm diameter watch, since I have rather thin wrists. So, before I place a bid on a preowned Aquis, can anyone tell how it actually wears? Would it look completely silly on my 6.3-inch wrist? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
61,583 Posts
Although I don't own a Maldives the Oris divers tend to wear a bit smaller than the size would suggest. If you were on about bidding for a BC4 I would recommend that you try one one first but you should be O.K. with the Maldives. I've got a 6.75" wrist and can wear both (not at the same time) my ProDiver Date which is 49mm and my Titan SS which is 46mm. I dare say I look a bit of a spoon in them on the weedy bloke huge watch scale but the important thing is that they both fit me

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input, that sounds great. I've also read that the 43mm diametet mainly stems from the crown guard and that it's more like 41mm without it. Sounds like the watch might indeed wear smaller than one would think. I might just get this...

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Thanks for the input, that sounds great. I've also read that the 43mm diametet mainly stems from the crown guard and that it's more like 41mm without it. Sounds like the watch might indeed wear smaller than one would think. I might just get this...
the aquis most definitely wears like a 43mm.
wherever you read that said it wears like a 41mm is incorrect.

search thru here and you'll find quite a few threads on the maldives with wrist shots.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
My wrist is also 6,7 or so (17/18 cms). I think the Maldives looks OK on it, and I even own a few 44 mm. watches.
Just get it and give it a try... It only matters that you like it on your wrist, not everybody else..! ;-)

IMG_0448.JPG IMG_0705.JPG

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
I think it wears to it's size. Here's mine on a 7" wrist

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the posts and especially the wrist shots, guys! Will definitely bid on the watch now, it looks very good on Fomenko's wrist and mine isn't much smaller.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I love the look of the Maldives and tried one on. Gorgeous watch but I must admit I was put off by the weight of it due to it being titanium. After having the Small Seconds on (which is a super heavy watch I'll admit), having the Maldives on felt like I wasn't wearing anything, it was that light. Just something to think about too, but it's a stunning watch!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts