WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a tremendous amount of deliberation, I have finally concluded that the perfect watch for me would be an Oris Aquis in 40mm size (for my tiny wrists).

There's only one small problem. I can't seem to find one for sale anywhere! Can anyone tell me when this size was last produced and/or how I might go about finding one now? What a pain in the ass!

In case it's relevant, I live in the EU.

·
Premium Member
60,810 Posts
Contact Rob at Topper and ask him as I'm not sure. But do try the 43mm watch on as you might be pleasantly surprised how well it fits the smaller wrist. I suspect that the ability of the 43mm to fit a more compact wrist was one reason that hastened the demise of the 40mm.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I believe it was discontinued in 2015. My local dealer could not source one so I was able to find mine at an out of town dealer who had one in stock. Oris told him that the 40mm was no longer available. You could try contacting some ADs to see if there is any old stock out there. Otherwise, you could look at the secondary market....WUS classifieds or watchrecon for example.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Got one in early 2015, am very satisfied with it. The 43mm was a bit large and heavy for me. Also, the bracelet and particularly the clasp are much more comfortable on the 40mm. Best bracelet, by far, on any watch I have save a Rolex DJ. Very versatile, and serves me well as a "dressy diver", which seemed a bridge too far to ask of the 43 mm.

Probably some NOS out there, but thin on the ground. Since the model was only in production for 3-4 years, and is an enthusiast/insider model, the likelihood of finding excellent condition used models is good.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Got one in early 2015, am very satisfied with it. The 43mm was a bit large and heavy for me. Also, the bracelet and particularly the clasp are much more comfortable on the 40mm. Best bracelet, by far, on any watch I have save a Rolex DJ. Very versatile, and serves me well as a "dressy diver", which seemed a bridge too far to ask of the 43 mm.

Probably some NOS out there, but thin on the ground. Since the model was only in production for 3-4 years, and is an enthusiast/insider model, the likelihood of finding excellent condition used models is good.
agreed fully with statement re bracelet

·
Registered
706 Posts
I'm also interested in the 40mm aquis - how often does it pop up on watchrecon?

I see that there are 43mm coming and going but haven't come across a 40mm.

Thanks!

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm also interested in the 40mm aquis - how often does it pop up on watchrecon?

I see that there are 43mm coming and going but haven't come across a 40mm.

Thanks!
Same. Really interested in the 40mm after trying on the 43mm which was just too darn big for my liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think it was a foolish decision to eliminate most of the 40mm Aquis line, they should be offered in all dial options.

It's preventing me from an Oris purchase, I guess the company likes that result.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts