WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ready to take the plunge and get an Aquis. I always wanted a TT1 diver, but then the Aquis came out.....

Also, I have been going back to smaller watches. My largest watches are a Seiko SSC021 Solar Chrono and a Stargate on bracelet[heavy]. I find that both push the limits of tasteful size on my 6.8" wrist. The short lugged Seiko OM is perfect for a larger diver. My Citizen NY0054 is the perfect size overall.

So, I am looking at the 40mm Aquis on rubber vs. 43mm on rubber. This will be my everyday wear watch, so I don't want anything too heavy.

How does the 40mm Aquis wear?

TIA.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I take it the 40mm Aquis rubber has the same fantastic clasp as the 43mm? Having a hard time confirming that.

·
Registered
60,608 Posts
Matt, I wear a 43mm Aquis on my 6.75" wrist so the 40mm version should present no problems to you.
As far as I'm aware the 40mm watch with have the same style sledge clasp as the 43mm one.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Thanks. I take it the 40mm Aquis rubber has the same fantastic clasp as the 43mm? Having a hard time confirming that.
same style, but at a more reduced size.
i've only tried the 40mm, and own the 43mm.
the 43mm has a 24mm clasp, while the 40mm i tried felt like it had a 16mm clasp.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Did they bring any new colors out for the Aquis ?

·
Registered
13,948 Posts
Don't quote me, but I think the lug size is different and the clasp is different. I'm sure the clasp is kickass in either size.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts