WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.. I've been checking my Aquis regulary, and I must say that I'm deeply impressed.
Last time I set it was about a week ago, if not a bit longer.
It literally gained about 2 seconds. 2!
I've heared of Rolexes, IWCs (and many brands, you name it) that gain more than that.
Nothing short of exemplary.
Speaking about Rolex, I've recently got to compare my Aquis to a Rolex GMT master II, and while the Rolex face is hard to beat, I believe the bracelet on the Aquis
has better engineering to it.
I think I'm in the minority but I really do like integrated bracelets since they tend to have such a better feeling to them than regular ones. If the bracelet is this good I see no reason in the world to change it. The Aquis bracelet is maybe the detail that appealed to me the most when choosing the watch.
I still need to get that IWC Ingenieur one day... My gut tells me the bracelet on that one is a dream. Oh well, I have patience :-!
Meanwhile, I'm deeply enjoying my Aquis, and it probably will stay that way for years to come.
Certainly couldn't have made a better purchase in this price range.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
It's great to hear your Aquis is so accurate. It's hard to argue with Oris when it comes to value for the price paid. Enjoy!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The accuracy was one of two things that got me worried about buying the Aquis. I knew I could also get a +10. The other thing was the movement - Sellita, which at start disturbed my peace of mind for not being the tried and true ETA but in the end I figured out it probably is of about the same quality. So with these 2 factors out of the way, I can proudly say that I have absolute zero major complaints towards the Aquis (or at least mine which happens to be amazingly accurate). Only minor, totally second-priority things like a bit rough bezel action.

·
Premium Member
71,208 Posts
People say "oh, it's only got a SW200 in it" but I've had some outstanding results from the SW200 in my ProDiver. Just a pity I can't say the same about the SW220 in my Titan. It's just within Oris specs. JUST.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Speaking about Rolex, I've recently got to compare my Aquis to a Rolex GMT master II, and while the Rolex face is hard to beat, I believe the bracelet on the Aquis
has better engineering to it.
I think I'm in the minority but I really do like integrated bracelets since they tend to have such a better feeling to them than regular ones. If the bracelet is this good I see no reason in the world to change it. The Aquis bracelet is maybe the detail that appealed to me the most when choosing the watch.
Certainly couldn't have made a better purchase in this price range.
The bracelet itself it's hard to beat. I bought a rubber strap too and it's that kind of engineering that speaks to me.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
349 Posts
Since I rarely look at my Aquis to actually find out what time it is, it's accuracy has become less important to me. :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Agreed. I posted in another thread about +2 seconds after a month by varying, crown up, crown down, face up. The bezel rotation is a bit rough. Seems like that would be pretty easy to address as I have had much cheaper watches with smoother bezels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts