WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from Easter in Bangkok, staying with friends for the annual water festival.

Anyway, I got some time yesterday to browse the vast array of luxury watches at a couple of the upmarket major shopping centres and I spotted this from a few metres away (stock photos from the web):

OCL1.jpg OCL2.jpg OCL3.jpg

The watch is a limited edition of 300 pieces from late 2016 for the Thailand market only and it looks really good in the flesh, much better than the stock pics. The blue sunburst dial with the red accents and white hands/indices/text really popped. Unfortunately I didn't have my phone with me so couldn't take a wrist shot.

Now (genuine) watches are not cheap in Thailand and with an RRP of 79,000 baht this is a pricey Aquis, they offered it to me with a 20% discount after I was admiring it on my wrist for a long time but that still worked out to be 1800 USD and I couldn't justify it, particularly with my recent splurging and a new revised model ready to hit the shelves.

It would be interesting to see if someone here has one?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Nice looking piece but 1,800 seems a bit too much. I'd personally hunt for a good deal on a Carl Brashear (i saw one being sold before for 1,500 usd) which, i think, is far more iconic but that'a just me. :)

Sent from my ASUS_X008D using Tapatalk

·
Registered
188 Posts
I can feel a holiday in Thailand coming on.
Watch out for the lady boys lol

Paycheque Killers: Seiko 'BFK' SKA369/Seiko 'Tuna Monster' SRP637/Seiko 'Flightmaster' SNA411/Tissot PRS516/ORIS Aquis (Green/Grey)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts