WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

Since some time I'm looking for a diver watch.

At the moment I'm focused on Oris Aquis, but I'm not sure if Aquis Date 43mm or Aquis Small Second 46mm would be a better choice for me?

Small Second looks fantastic, but I have some doubts - it's thicker and wider than Aquis Date and it may look ridiculous on my 7" wrist. Or maybe I'm wrong?

Check the pictures below and give me some advice please.

I've put also the pictures of Eterna Super KonTiki and Davosa Argonautic, just to compare, but personally i prefer both Oris watches.

Regards, Tomek

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
I am biased towards the 43mm Aquis as I own the same watch. I tried on the small seconds as well and felt the balance of the dial is off compared to the 43mm. While the small seconds is larger, the case design of the Aquis models wear smaller than their nominal measurements.

I believe the 43mm is the perfect balance in every aspect and I am very happy with my purchase. I've owned mine now for a little over a year and wear it almost every single day!

·
Premium Member
71,208 Posts
The 46mm SS won't look daft on you but with only a 7" wrist you may find it a bit heavy and be happier with the rather superb 43mm Aquis.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have a similar wrist size, and the Aquis date is big enough for me. I don't think I would like to wear a 46mm, but I haven't had a chance to try one.
It depends on how you are going to use the watch too. If it's for work or more formal occasions, 46mm might be too big and noticeable. For casual events, it might be OK.
Also, i found the 43mm quite heavy and it took me a while to get used to it (Now I feel naked without it). It might be worse with the 46.

Just my opinion :)

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
I had both and my wrist is slightly bigger than yours. I say 43mm will be best. However when I wore the 46mm after a few days you'd feel comfortable with it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i have had both but stayed with the 47mm just because i like them abit hefty , but i think the 43mm suits you best from the photos , and welcome

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thx for your suggestions.

So, I've checked also l2l difference between Aquis Date 43mm and Aquis SS 46mm.
Date: l2l=50mm
SS: l2l=54mm

Taking into acount the width of my wrist which is arond 58mm in total (and roughly 50mm of "flat widh"), Aquis Date seems a better choice for me.
I like the look of SS, but it would be too big for me.

Other argument is that I'm looking for more universal and more dressy diver. So Aquis Date is closer to my demands than Small Second, I suppose.

·
Registered
152 Posts
It sounds like you have made a great decision. I would like to suggest that when you do decide to purchase the Aquis, buy the rubber strap as well. It adds another degree of versatility to it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You can have the best of both worlds with the Maldives limited edition. It's 43mm and small seconds. Plus titanium makes it super lightweight.

I love mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hope you enjoy yours! It's a rugged yet handsome watch.
The bracelet is beautiful, and I like how you can't tell where the watch stops and the band begins.
This is on my 6.75" wrist.

P1060568.JPG

1 - 16 of 16 Posts