WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
I will definitely be checking it out in person. My black bay 36 wasn't all that great in promo pics but in the flesh it blew me away. I think this will be very hit or miss depending on each individual dial. Some could be fantastic and others no so much
Also will probably depend on each person-readability may be a big deal to some and not to others. Love the concept and will be really interested to see some photos pop up on here once they start to sell.

I will definitely be checking it out in person. My black bay 36 wasn't all that great in promo pics but in the flesh it blew me away. I think this will be very hit or miss depending on each individual dial. Some could be fantastic and others no so much
I have been told that each that no two dials are the same and each dial will be a different pattern.
Never thought about this - in that case, it could be a very cool addition to the collection (y)

Urban jungle... 1g of melted plastic... "Behold my righteousness. Hey. I said LOOK AT IT."
I don't think the concept will be identifiable from afar, you would have to have a conversation with the wearer to learn the message. I don't really see this as a way of communicating self-righteousness unless you're stopping people on the street to explain what your watch means, which strikes me as pretty unlikely.

I don't think the concept will be identifiable from afar, you would have to have a conversation with the wearer to learn the message. I don't really see this as a way of communicating self-righteousness unless you're stopping people on the street to explain what your watch means, which strikes me as pretty unlikely.
That would certainly be the case amongst the population at large. But the esteem in which watches are held and the importance attributed to them by this forum and others suggests a higher likelihood to me ;). You don't need to stop anyone in the street any more; you just vomit everything out on IG, and the app makes it sooooo easy.

That would certainly be the case amongst the population at large. But the esteem in which watches are held and the importance attributed to them by this forum and others suggests a higher likelihood to me ;). You don't need to stop anyone in the street any more; you just vomit everything out on IG, and the app makes it sooooo easy.
Fair point, I gave up social media a few years back and didn't even think of it. There will definitely be a few insufferable posts.

I gotta echo this. Look, the concept is great and the premise behind it is too - bringing attention to a big pollution problem. To claim this watch will only be worn by virtue signalers / the self righteous...... Yeah...... No......

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.