WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I love the 500m Aquaracer, but don't love the price point. The Aquis seems like a great alternative for $1k less. Are the two watches comparible in build quality?

·
Premium Member
60,750 Posts
I'm by no means an expert on TAGs but the build quality of the Aquis is first class so even though I can't offer you a comparison between the two I do know that Oris have a good rep for the quality of their watches.

·
Registered
387 Posts
If possible get both :)
If not go to AD and try them both,see what you like more and how looks on your hand.
I do have an Aquis recently bought and I like a lot,the build quality is very very good.
Aquaracer and Aquis I think share the same movement SW200

Good luck with your choice,you will not feel sorry with any of them

·
Registered
317 Posts
I looked at the AR500M and the Small Seconds a while back.

The Oris felt better on the wrist and just had that better quality feel. I'm happy with my decision but cant speak for the Aquis.

Try them both on and go with what you like.

Or buy both... :)

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
While I can't speak directly to those two watches (I've not tried them on), I can say that the Oris watches I have seen have been at least comparable in fit and finish to the Tag ones I have seen in comparable watches. The exception would be when you start jumping up into the high end of the Tag catalog where the significant extra cost starts to pay for more than advertising.

·
Registered
857 Posts
i have the previous version of the Aquaracer 500m, with the Rubberised bezel, and im currently eyeing the Oris Aquis....love both of them.
comparing the two: Oris is very well built and overall good quality...but i think the Tag has a slight edge...when comparing both side by side, the Tag felt more solid...so the price difference is justified to me...the Oris is great at its price point and the AR is good at its price point. the AR is slightly better IMO but it costs more...but this all is comparing the previous Aquaracer.
the current ceramic one, to me feels underwhelming....when i try it on wrist it doesnt give me the solid feeling that i prefer, hence i chose to buy the previous version...so if you compare the ceramic one to the Oris Aquis..the difference in quality is less....i would say its half way between the oris and the previous AR.
however, the differences in build quality i am refering are very minute, and everyone might not feel that way...just what i think...so try'em on whichever feels better....if worried about price, i think the difference is justified in terms of quality

Reactions: Triton9

·
Registered
94 Posts
i had the same problem like yours last year and aquis was my choice. You get what you paid for. The quality is there. very nice piece =)

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I have both and the bottom line is that the Oris is better quality for much less. I am still a fan of some TAG watches, however they spend a fortune on marketing and it gets passed on to the consumer.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm late to the party but own both but I have the older AR with the cyclops. In terms of quality they are about the same. The biggest thing nobody has mentioned is the bracelet on the Aquis is highly polished. The AR has a brushed bracelet. At least the older version does and to me makes it look more tool like. Like many have said either one is good but if I had to choose a dressy Diver the aquis can pull it off. To me the aquaracer is more casual and wouldn't match a suit.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't have experience with either brand, but I THINK the Oris Aquis looks much better. I really like the Aquis line and hope to get one by the end of the year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts