WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what other stowa owners felt about ar coating. Sometimes when staring at my stowas I wonder what they would look like with ar coating. Since I just received them I have no desire to part with them long enough to find out. I probably should have asked if that was possible(for a fee) during my communication with stowa and purchasing the watch. Has anyone put ar on after they had it for a while?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am not a big fan of AR coating. For historic models it is not an accurate portrayal and in general it seems to scratch easily.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not a big fan of AR coating. For historic models it is not an accurate portrayal and in general it seems to scratch easily.
I understand the historical significance and I know there are others that feel the same way. But for those of us who purchased airmans with logo or airman w/date or antea 390(too big to be historical, unless you wore it in your pocket) already have strayed a bit from the accurate portrayal. I think you can avoid the scratching if applied only to the underside of the crystal. And I think if this was an option, Jorg would have another profitable service to offer.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Can someone please provide a list of which, if any current Stowa models have AR treatment? (And if so, on which sides.)

Thanks!

"Historically accurate" or not, I find AR treatment adds both enjoyment and legibility to my watches. IMO Black dialled watched nearly require AR treatment. :-!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Seatime and Prodiver both have internal AR coating.
Are you sure the Seatime has AR? It doesn't look like it to me.:-s It doesn't have that blue reflection like other watches/glasses that have AR, it reflects a beam of light that my cat loves to chase lol.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yes, I thnig MO arabic has also inside coating. Blue glare comes mainly from outside AR coating, Omega PO, which is idiotic idea, especially on any sport/diving watches. IMHO.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Are you sure the Seatime has AR? It doesn't look like it to me.:-s It doesn't have that blue reflection like other watches/glasses that have AR, it reflects a beam of light that my cat loves to chase lol.
The Seatime I owned (purchased Aug 2008) had internal AR coating. I later sold it after I bought a Prodiver. I had both at the same time and both had AR coating. The only difference was the dome of the Prodiver crystal. My Airman date doesn't have AR.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Is this accurate for other owners as well?

It would be nice to have an official source / reference thread for anti reflective coating.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Yes, I thnig MO arabic has also inside coating. Blue glare comes mainly from outside AR coating
My Precista PRS-17A has internal AR coating, which produces a blue glare. None of my Stowas have had AR coating (as far as I could tell), but I have never owned a Seatime or ProDiver.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I understand the historical significance and I know there are others that feel the same way. But for those of us who purchased airmans with logo or airman w/date or antea 390(too big to be historical, unless you wore it in your pocket) already have strayed a bit from the accurate portrayal. I think you can avoid the scratching if applied only to the underside of the crystal. And I think if this was an option, Jorg would have another profitable service to offer.
Wasn't the original B-Uhren standard 55mm case?

·
Registered
240 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts