WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty much like the title says, whats F71's general concenus of Aragon watches? Soecifically the divemaster series. I realize they are big watches, and that is not a problem for me. Thanks in advance folks!

Reactions: spicynoodle

· Registered
Seiko, Orient, Aragon, Deep Blue, Bulova, Swatch, Gruen Pocket Watch, Illinois Pocket Watch, Vostok
4,002 Posts
I have a few Androids(old company name) and an Aragon. They offer a great build quality along with some great designs using good movements from Swiss and Japan. I think Wing offers some of the biggest bargains in the industry. I've enjoyed all my problem free Androids and Aragon no doubt. And from what I've read on WUS and WIT. Wing has the best customer service hands down.

Here are mine. All are 45mm
Two Android tritium watches and an Aragon 9100.

And my Android Hydraumatic. I removed the odd bracelet.

I do plan on adding a few more Aragon's to my collection.

Sent from the White House on the tax payers dime.

· Registered
10,710 Posts
Very mixed opinion here, stopping with Android and giving up on the brand in its current iteration.

The quality is seemingly ok for the price, especially the bracelets and straps. I bought two. One of the two works fine still today, the other had its date function die at a very young age and after very little wear.

The designs though-- Wing cranks out lots of models to meet the cadence of home shopping channel releases. Because he cranks out so much, there are sometimes design decisions that would have benefitted from further refinement or someone looking over his shoulder. His aesthetic is bold, but sometimes it's "bold and doesn't work very well." If he had spent time with a prototype and realized the bezel was too tall or the lume was arranged in a way that didn't make sense etc. etc. rather than focusing on pure aesthetics, that would improve his line tremendously.

That said, I won't buy another divemaster, even at 45mm.

· Registered
7,450 Posts
I owned a few Android pieces and they were definitely decent affordable watches. My only beef is the size. 45mm is not a midsize watch!!!

Reactions: Rocat

· Registered
80 Posts
Overall I think they are good for the price. As long as you catch them at one of their many sales. Build quality is good, and they usually all have a Seiko movement. The only thing is, you have to be good with their unique style. With an emphasis on BIG and Bold. Especially the big part.

I picked up a Divemaster Opean Heart last year for around $99 (one of their sales). Very cool looking watch, with a mother of pearl dial. Love the look, but never really gotten used to the larger size. Mostly the lug to lug and height.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist

· Registered
4,901 Posts
Personally, I like them. I had a couple Androids a few years ago but sold them all. I'm not exactly sure how it happened but apparently I am an Aragon collector :)

I blame Evine...

View attachment 13680505
That's a beautiful collection. My eye for color is going crazy. Must. . .buy. . .all. . .the. . .colors. . .

I've owned one or two Androids and thought they were well built. The designs are obviously polarizing.

I've had my eye on the turquoise Dive Master but have never pulled the trigger. 45 is perfect for me, so I'm looking forward to checking them out. (My last Android was a 50mm beast that was the limit of what I can pair with my 8.5" wrist.)

· Registered
1,746 Posts
I bought one off Kickstarter and put it up for sale the day it came in. I'm a big guy but there's no way I could stand to wear that much metal strapped to my wrist all day. It seemed like a well-built watch, but it wore huge even compared to the already big specs. Aragon taught me there's no place in my life for a 48 x 17 watch on a bracelet.

· Registered
3,559 Posts
Got my Aragon Horizon--hardly a diver--back in 2013 and absolutely no complaints. Their designs are innovative and slightly eccentric, which I like.

Reactions: ChiefWahoo

· Registered
1,791 Posts
Good watches, better than expected build quality for the price (if bought on sale). Most (to me) have a shortish lug-lug length for the size, which makes them wear smaller than their sizes suggest.

I have Android watches btw (Wing's brand name before Aragon).

· Registered
8 Posts
I have quite a few Aragon and Android watches. They are rugged, if a bit chunky. I think the EVO NH35 is one of their more comfortable watches. I’ve the 45 and my brother has a 50. The 50 might have better proportions as it’s a tall watch. They have really nice bands. I also have the sea charger which looks a lot like the evo but I prefer the bracelet on the Evo.

I only buy them when they are on sale. Which happens often.

· Registered
4,497 Posts
Durability is a factor. As one assessor said words to the effect "short shelf life".
Size not as big an issue (I have an 8 1/2" wrist) as dial selections. Such as MOP.
I will not wear MOP. Too girly IMO.
Jus sayin.

X Traindriver Art

· Registered
40 Posts
Durability is a factor. As one assessor said words to the effect "short shelf life".
Size not as big an issue (I have an 8 1/2" wrist) as dial selections. Such as MOP.
I will not wear MOP. Too girly IMO.
Jus sayin.

X Traindriver Art
Sorry, new here. What does MOP mean. And, while I'm at it, when a seller bumps and offer, sometimes they'll use TTT instead of Bump. What is TTT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.