·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What a cynical and disrespectful accusation. You obviously don't know me so why jump into conclusions? I wish this watch was my design.

I thought this forum was for talking about watches, so talk about the watch. If you don't care about it, there 100,000s of other topics to join.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I have nothing to do with the Kickstarter and I think it is great too. Obviously the owner didn’t need to promote it much because it was funded within an hour. I very much doubt this post an hour before launch made much of a difference.

·
Premium Member
9,675 Posts
Advertising your own kickstarter by pretending to be not related. So lame.
I was asking myself that too...but before making an accusation, how about seeing whether it's justified, to the degree you can? Here...I don't see it.

On these pieces...not for me. First, they're too large for my wrist, at 42mm. The dial's trying to do too many things. I'll give credit: the complications are integrated very nicely. The simplest black and white comes pretty close to working; when you throw in, say, the MOP center...that's too much. Same with the sun/moon. And I see this:

That's pretty darn chunky. I have enough of a spare tire at my waist, I'm not fond of one on my wrist.

Will also give props for a better movement than one might expect. 9000-series Miyota. At the price points, that's just fine.

I'd say best of luck but given how fast it got funded......well, ok. Good luck managing the success. :) Looks like this one's gonna go ballistic, with all the hassles of being *much* bigger than you could've expected, all at once.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Literally blown away? Please convey my condolences to your friends and loved ones.

As to the watches, I like the blue moonphase, but not enough to spring for it.

·
Premium Member
20,707 Posts
Way too thick for me but they're interesting designs. Not a fan of the MOP tho.

·
Registered
9,143 Posts
Well, it's rather unique, I'll give it that. Not to my tastes, but it never hurts to have options. Can't open videos (work) but one of the instagram pictures on the website makes the day phase look like felt. Is that right?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Well at least it's an original design, unlike hundreds other KS that try to hide un-originality behind "classic" designs.

The movement redesign to accommodate the complication is a nice touch.

I kinda like it at first, but i think may not be a design that I will like in long term.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I tried contacting the company to see if I can order one, but no reply. Do you think they're inundated with orders or are they waiting for their kickstarter run to release? I was hoping for a simple "sorry, we're sold out" reply.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.