WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings,

I have a 42 jewel Ardath dual watch half in Arabic. My father in law got it is Saudi Arabia in the 60s or 70s I believe.

I can't find much on Ardath so if anyone knows about this I would be interested in hearing about this. I know about what it is worth so not worried about that and not interested in selling. It s just an interesting watch.

Thank you,

Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I'm going to throw a wild guess out there and say that seeing as there's two dials, two winding crowns.. and "42" jewels.. i'm going to hazard a guess at there being a pair of 21 jewel movements in it.. 17/21/23/25 jewels seems to be the common numbers with later era watches so it'd be interesting to see what's behind that case back.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Interesting watch,i wonder(given the symmetry of the dial)if the watch is meant to be rotated 180`degrees to use as Arabic one way,and normal the other?

Edit:The movements are As 1051 or variants,Dr Ranffts pages don`t show a 21 jewel version,but not all jewel designations are shown only the ones that are found and documented.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts