WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read an Invicta collector call Omega overpriced, yet he's willing to buy this. I don't see the rationale behind this thinking. Can anyone enlighten me?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
That's a great deal! The retail on it is $4,795!!! I am going to get 2 I think since I can save so much money! :think:

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Eh, to each their own I guess. If it makes the person happy who am I to say they're nuts.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Okay, don't flame me, but this thread has disaster written all over it. I agree with what you're saying, but I think the tone is going to offend some people rather than educate.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Reality challenged?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
The only way I can explain it, is perception is reality to an extent.

People collect Beanie Babies, Pokemon cards and all sorts of stuff that I don't get the value of.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
I was kidding there ... as long as there are enough people clamoring for a particular product (in this case, an Invicta) and are willing to pay a certain amount for it, that product will sell, unless the company goes under.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
A Casio is way overpriced! I demand HMT prices ($10 to 15) for my mechanical watches.

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
But how would you describe that line of thinking?
It must work, because MANY industries use it. The next time you get the Sunday paper, look at furniture and bedding or appliance ads. Even Macy's inflates prices to give huge discounts. Perfect example: Stearns & Foster mattresses 50% off, plus use your Macy's card and get an extra 10% discount! Yeah, well that brand has a minimum price that ALL retailers must adhere to so all Macy's is doing is jacking the "list price" up high enough to take all the discounts and arrive at that minimum price. You can go down the street and get the same exact price without any bogus sales tactics.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It must work, because MANY industries use it. The next time you get the Sunday paper, look at furniture and bedding or appliance ads. Even Macy's inflates prices to give huge discounts. Perfect example: Stearns & Foster mattresses 50% off, plus use your Macy's card and get an extra 10% discount! Yeah, well that brand has a minimum price that ALL retailers must adhere to so all Macy's is doing is jacking the "list price" up high enough to take all the discounts and arrive at that minimum price. You can go down the street and get the same exact price without any bogus sales tactics.
I'm not sure how that relates to someone who is willing to pay $2000 for an Invicta and then turning around calling Omega overpriced...

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
Come on people, what's not to like?

- Flame fused crystal
- Swiss (like the cheese) components
- A tachymeter ? YES.... a tachymeter so you can calculate the speed of the indigenous life forms whilst you are diving down to the crushing black abyss of Davey Jones' locker (up to but not exceeding 500 meters)
- Functional pushers (as opposed to the non-functional pushers)
- ionic plated inner links ("exhilarating and breathtaking")
- 50mm size so it can double as a wall clock
- "trend savvy features"
- easy financing because nothing says "you've arrived" like a luxury watch on a payment plan.

Operators are standing by to take your order. The first 25 callers get an autographed picture of Eyal Lalo. :roll:

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
Okay, don't flame me, but this thread has disaster written all over it. I agree with what you're saying, but I think the tone is going to offend some people rather than educate.
Well said, my prehistoric themed buddy |>

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.