WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw a silver grey Club G today.

Looks pretty good for those of you that have sons, and have a mudman.

It looks like a mudman in Baby G size, but I think it is the previous mudman??

Anyway if Club Gs are no longer being produced, how old do you think that watch would be?

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I'm not sure if they're still produced, but I've seen them for sale new online recently. I bought two of my son's new ones from ebay too, but they may be NOS as one needed a new battery after a short time. They are perfect for kids. |>

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
I don't believe that they are produced under the Club-G name anymore. But I have seen limited edition versions sold on Japanese web sites under some other name.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Then it has to be an old Club G replicating the previous mudman model.

Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
This is one of my son's Club-Gs. The other son isn't here but his is a black one with a single eye.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
looks nice, when did you get it?
I got them both from UK ebay sellers. I can't remember which seller that one was from, but the other was from nass36.

*Edit* Sorry, you said 'when' not 'where'. Several months ago.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Thanks for the info, the one I saw was going for 18.33GBP.
That sounds a fair price considering they're not very common. I paid around £20 for each of mine.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I cannot verify if the watch had been used or is brand new.

Also I do not want to give a digital watch to someone that has not learned how to read an analog clock yet. Though I recall that my parents gave into me before I could read that analog.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Also I do not want to give a digital watch to someone that has not learned how to read an analog clock yet. Though I recall that my parents gave into me before I could read that analog.
Good man ! :-! although G-Shocks and the like could be described as toy watches due their construction if you can't use an analog watch then then you will have no idea what the numbers translate into.

The only time pester power worked for me as a kid was wanting an LED digital watch, but when I am talking about they were the latest thing, not as they are now resold as retro. I did however own a regular analog watch which I recently found, totally banjanxed and unable to be wound, I may enquire about getting it serviced as for sentimental reasons it would be nice to have working.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Sanglobe's listings need to be checked out with a phone call, I think. I once enquired about a watch and found it was out of stock. Some of their listings are for watches long out of production, and I suspect they are slow to update their website.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
You can still find new (most likely new old stock) Club-Gs on ebay for around £20. The seller I mentioned has a couple at the moment.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the link. Pardon my ignorance on Club Gs, but what is the difference between the ClubGs and the Baby Gs? Are the BabyGs just for girls and women and the Club G for boys? I do see some pink and red club Gs so I am wondering if ClubGs are better for children as compared to BabyGs?

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Thanks for the link. Pardon my ignorance on Club Gs, but what is the difference between the ClubGs and the Baby Gs? Are the BabyGs just for girls and women and the Club G for boys? I do see some pink and red club Gs so I am wondering if ClubGs are better for children as compared to BabyGs?
I think Baby-G are designed for adult females and Club-G are for children. There's no reason a child can't wear a Baby-G if it fits though, or a small wristed adult wear a Club-G. I don't have a Baby-G to do a size comparison, but Club-Gs will fit very small wrists.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the clarification. A Club G may be over kill for most kids, but there are exceptions that will really put the watch to the test. However in my area, Timex seems to be on par with Casio (funny as I thought they were cheaper), Flik flaks are also pretty close in price to the Club Gs, so it is not a clear cut thing.

Only this time I need an analog.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Club-G's and Baby-G's are both about the same size, and have similar strap lengths. The big difference is in the construction and modules. The Baby G's are similar in toughness to G-Shocks, and have similarly featured modules. The Club-G's are not even close to the same quality level, and have very different module features. Club-G's are tougher than your average watch, but they are not in the same league as a true G-Shock or Baby-G.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. A Club G may be over kill for most kids, but there are exceptions that will really put the watch to the test. However in my area, Timex seems to be on par with Casio (funny as I thought they were cheaper), Flik flaks are also pretty close in price to the Club Gs, so it is not a clear cut thing.

Only this time I need an analog.
I would have recommended a Casio over a Timex, but when it comes to childrens analogues I'm not so sure. My 13 year old's previous watch was a Timex boys 1440 sports analogue. It survived a lot of punishment and still works today.

My one big issue with Timex children's watches is the plastic crystals. Children scuff and scratch them quite a lot during normal play, and my son's has no bezel to speak of protecting the crystal. It isn't a particularly cheap model either at just under £20.

I've never seen a Casio 'G' type analogue or ana/digi for children, does anyone know if such a watch exists?

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Club-G's and Baby-G's are both about the same size, and have similar strap lengths. The big difference is in the construction and modules. The Baby G's are similar in toughness to G-Shocks, and have similarly featured modules. The Club-G's are not even close to the same quality level, and have very different module features. Club-G's are tougher than your average watch, but they are not in the same league as a true G-Shock or Baby-G.
I noticed Club-Gs shock resistance mechanism seems to be the rubber cover, and a nylon 'cup' that fits over and around the module, rather than the springs and spacers in G-Shocks, and they're 'only' 100m WR, but the features aren't bad. The one pictured has a 60 minute CDT, stopwatch to 100th of a second with auto start, 5th light button and 5 alarms. Not impressive maybe, but it covers what I consider the essentials.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts