WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
It's cute on a $150 watch... not for $1500.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Is this a mock thread, or meant to be a serious criticism of Seiko's depiction of the watch on its website?
I see what OP is referring to ... strangely the 12 o'clock looked aligned to me so wonder if spacing at the six designed this way so that the center is exactly between the 1 and the 2?
Watch looks nice to me.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
You can see that misalignment from 30cm.

If you look at this on desktop monitor from some distance away (7-8 feet?), I'm sure it could be equivalent to what it looks like in real life from 30cm away. Do you see any misalignments? I'm sure you could. 😅

In real life use, for me, if I'm not being super picky, and taking parallax error into account in my mind, it's okay, no big deal. I don't see the point of picking a brand/watch apart, instead of just enjoying it as it is, a perhaps imperfect, but likeable watch.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
This watch hobby is unhealthy in a way, in the way that we practice it online. It's one problem with online social media. At times, it's too much into minutiae, generating attention-getting controversies to stoke online outrage, so we could all feel something or chat for a little while. But I think I'm happier if I try to focus on the positive sometimes.

If some people don't like it, sure talk about it. But at some point, it's just easier and more productive to move on, to whatever other watches you like instead.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Isn't the basic idea that if you want "close enough for most people" you can buy an Invicta at Wal-Mart and be happy. If you start paying over $1000 for a watch it seems to me that the company making it should be a bit more careful about minor details, as that's typically one of the things that justifies paying a premium for a watch in the first place.

However, its possible there's a little parallax error in play in the OP image, here's one from the same webpage facing straight on and it looks OK to me.

Watch Analog watch Light Silver Clock

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Isn't the basic idea that if you want "close enough for most people" you can buy an Invicta at Wal-Mart and be happy. If you start paying over $1000 for a watch it seems to me that the company making it should be a bit more careful about minor details, as that's typically one of the things that justifies paying a premium for a watch in the first place.
My answer to that is, if one doesn't see value at $1k mark, look at <$1k instead. Seiko still sell some models in those price ranges.

Having looked into Seiko/GS, for sure there could be imperfections that Seiko/GS might deem as "within spec". In that case, buyer beware. I agree, check carefully in-store before buying, if you care about not having minor imperfections. In my experience, my Seiko watches are either "perfect" alignment-wise, or slightly off, that I learned to be okay with, when I learned to be okay with seconds hand to minute markers misalignments. My GS has almost no wide tolerance issues (only 1-2 tiny specks on-dial, only visible by 10x loupe, not visible to naked eye).

1 - 20 of 207 Posts