WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought a few Watches from the likes of timeparadise, watchub and pokemonyu on eBay. Most times the Seiko's and Citizen's come with an activated guarantee card. The thing is, are these guarantee's actually recognised by the manufacturers? Has anyone made a claim for a repair on a guarantee from these sellers?

·
Registered
737 Posts
I go into every eBay deal (not just watches) with an attitude that whatever I receive is "as is" and that I'm on my own if it needs repairs. But that only works for a pessimist like me. ;-)

I'd also like to hear about people's "warranty" experiences with products purchased on the 'bay.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Most of what I've bought on the 'bay hasn't came with a warranty card... As many watches as I've bought and sold... I haven't had a warranty issue yet... For me, a watch over 1-150 will be best bought at an AD, or someone who has an US warranty card. As said in some other posts, Amazon is starting to have lower prices than the 'bay and they come with a stamped warranty card....

V

·
0 Posts
Urm, you should ask the seller about the warranty, which should be international.

For Japanese watches, so long the card is stamped and dated, the international warranty is valid. The point of sales chit is not required. I confirmed this with the ADs for Citizen, Seiko and Orient. This does not apply to some Japan-only models which have to be sent back to Japan for warranty work.

As for Casio, I've heard horror stories about their after-sales service (U.S. division). Thing is, you may have a valid warranty too, just the repair and service is potentially frustrating (lost watches, poor cs etc etc).

However my info is second hand so alternative views from Casio owners is welcome.

As for Swiss/European watches, I'm not sure about the warranty requirements (esp. wrt paperwork) but I suspect it must bear an official dealer's stamp and/or a receipt. Many brands do not sell over the net so these may be considered gray market with warranty backed by the dealer themselves sometimes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts