WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the watch collecting scene and I have been wanting to get an invicta and make a little money on the side. I was thinking that I could get a watch pin removing tool that works with Invicta so I could fit it to myself and do it for other people. But my only problem is CAN I USE IT FOR SEIKO AND CITIZEN? Those watches are very popular here in the islands so I thought it would be nice to be able to do them all.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
Many pin pusher tools have multiple pin sizes that come with it. Check out the Playlak TSLK3 it comes with 3 differnt pin sizes and is my go to tool for sizing bracelets.

With that said, please practice on your own watches before charging unsuspecting people to size their bracelets. If you have never done it before you can muck up a bracelet in a hurry. I once had a guy a high end AD size a bracelet for me (well it was free). He took out a set of pin pusher pliers and it went all downhill from there. Scratched links and a link installed backward (finihed side in) I walked out vowing to do my own from then on and I have. My point is, don't be that guy.

Lastly mentioning Invicta and Seiko in the same breath is likely to get you banned around here.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Many pin pusher tools have multiple pin sizes that come with it. Check out the Playlak TSLK3 it comes with 3 differnt pin sizes and is my go to tool for sizing bracelets.

With that said, please practice on your own watches before charging unsuspecting people to size their bracelets. If you have never done it before you can muck up a bracelet in a hurry. I once had a guy a high end AD size a bracelet for me (well it was free). He took out a set of pin pusher pliers and it went all downhill from there. Scratched links and a link installed backward (finihed side in) I walked out vowing to do my own from then on and I have. My point is, don't be that guy.

Lastly mentioning Invicta and Seiko in the same breath is likely to get you banned around here.
They have to be mentioned in the same breath since most of the Invicta watches use the Seiko NH35A movement.

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,706 Posts
I'm new to the watch collecting scene and I have been wanting to get an invicta and make a little money on the side. I was thinking that I could get a watch pin removing tool that works with Invicta so I could fit it to myself and do it for other people. But my only problem is CAN I USE IT FOR SEIKO AND CITIZEN? Those watches are very popular here in the islands so I thought it would be nice to be able to do them all.
I'm confused. You want to make money on an Invicta watch bought at retail? Or are you looking to get into the bracelet resizing and leather strap fitting business. If the latter then you will need a spring bar removal tool to remove the pin between the lugs. To remove bracelet pins you will need a bracelet sizing tool for push pins and a set of jewelers screwdrivers for those with threaded screws. Be sure to buy good quality tools or you risk alienating your customers by damaging their watches. Don't forget to read up on the unique 2 piece bracelet pin used by Seiko.

Check out the good quality tools at supply houses like Ofrei.
Watch Tools, All Kinds of Watchmakers Tools

·
Registered
8,613 Posts
Invicta's warranty and service's reputation is pretty bad. Some local watchmakers refuse to service invicta watches. people who buy Invictas go no where to go to service their watches. Maybe opening a repair shop service invicta only can really be profitable! Poorer the quality means more service business.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Invicta's warranty and service's reputation is pretty bad. Some local watchmakers refuse to service invicta watches. people who buy Invictas go no where to go to service their watches. Maybe opening a repair shop service invicta only can really be profitable! Poorer the quality means more service business.
And yet another close minded and judge mental response. I have a few Invicta watches and have never had any problems with them. For the money they are a great value.
Just like any brand they have some lemons. So far the Pro Diver series has been rock solid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts