WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the identical watch without markings. I have seen the same watch with the German D.H. stamped on it. Perhaps mine was surplus after the war and sold to civilians? This one claims to be used in the US Army with an ordinance number stamped on it.

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap Metal Fashion accessory Belt buckle

·
4,410 Posts
Not a watch one would expect to see US marks on, (one red flag,) also, I have no knowledge of the US using Helvetia for any contracted military field watches, (the second red flag.)

I say, no, they are not correct markings.

The watch is not entirely uncommon whether DH marked or not. These markings shown however represent the blue eyed unicorn, so to speak. It's a shame too. The watch looks otherwise fairly nice.

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,416 Posts
I doubt the history of this watch. You will find the engraving / ref.no. 3190 on a lot of Helvetia watches used by DH (Deutsches Heer).

·
Registered
592 Posts
As a long time collector of WWII military items, not just watches, I've learned nothing is impossible, but this looks to be highly unlikely.

It is not marked correctly by either U.S. or German military standards. Somethings funny here.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Looks like it has spring bars, which tells me no.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts