WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the story with the stainless steel GMT Masters? Are the Pepsi, Red/Black, and Black bezel "old" models still being produced by Rolex?

I don't much care for the new "Maxi" version with the black bezel and that green 24 hour hand, and might be tempted to get a Pepsi if I knew they were being consigned to history.

Thanks for any help.:)

·
Registered
751 Posts
Of the ADs I spoke with over the past couple of weeks only one had the new "old" GMT II ...............

And that one I bought Today. "Pepsi"

·
Registered
98 Posts
:-(No longer available im afraid.

I too preffer the old style which makes that much harder to sell mine (need some quick cash)

You might find them at smaller ADs at retail, otherwise prices have gone up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i browsed a copy of the latest rolex booklet........ there is no more the "old" gmt 2.... it's gone haha

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, gentlemen. Hard to believe Rolex are giving up over 50 years of history with the Pepsi bezel. Maybe there will be a new Maxi version :think:...not that it would appeal to me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey, do any of you remember the Pepsi Cola slogan:

Pepsi Cola hits the spot, 12 full ounces, that's a lot :roll: :-s

Perhaps we'll be hearing:

Pepsi bezels they're real nice, buy it now or fear the price :think: :roll: :-d

·
Registered
529 Posts
I personally do not think the 16710 will go up in price because they are discountinued or correctly replaced by an upgraded model.

I too prefer the pepsi version but the new ceramic bezel is much improved, as is the case, crown, bracelet and movement. I do believe a pepsi version will eventually be made; just a matter of time. =) maverick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts