WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course I know of the big one (literally some may say!) Panerai, and today I found out about another called Anonimo Firenze, but that is all I know.

Are there any other Italian brands, well known or not. Even historical, now defunct brands.

My partner is Italian and who knows, this may be a way to get her involved in the addiction too!

Any information would be appreciated... and as always pictures are a great bonus.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It seems sort of the same as asking on a fountain pen forum if there are Swiss fountain pen brands.
Care to elaborate on that? Not sure what your comment has to do with the price of fish... I like Caran D'Ache fountain pens as much as the next man but still don't see the point you are making.

I am just here to learn and thought I could gain from the helpful and kind responses of others, whilst at the same time possibly providing a resource that may be useful for others.

·
Registered
230 Posts
By origin, you mean country? If you copy the list and paste into Excel in text format, there is a simple method (formula) to extract the origin of each country abbreviation (the letter(s) in parenthesis). From there you can re-sort or filter the listing anyway you like. I think there is a way to filter in place by using the "Contains" function for filtering.
If you paste the entire list in the HTML format, Excel will retain the hyperlinks and you can click the link from the Excel file and go directly to the site (provided you are connected to the internet, and you can still extract the origin designation to thin the list to specific country names.
Happy to help if you need to restructure the list. Send a PM.

Thanks, I never knew that existed and I have been lurking for years. No way to sort them by origin is there?

Anyone got any photos of Italian watches they would like to share? I mean what is a thread without photos?!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
By origin, you mean country? If you copy the list and paste into Excel in text format, there is a simple method (formula) to extract the origin of each country abbreviation (the letter(s) in parenthesis). From there you can re-sort or filter the listing anyway you like. I think there is a way to filter in place by using the "Contains" function for filtering.
If you paste the entire list in the HTML format, Excel will retain the hyperlinks and you can click the link from the Excel file and go directly to the site (provided you are connected to the internet, and you can still extract the origin designation to thin the list to specific country names.
Happy to help if you need to restructure the list. Send a PM.
Wow thanks, how helpful! PM'ed

ps and yes I meant country :)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts